Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1998 Buick Century no injector pulse.

1998 Buick Century no injector pulse.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1998 Buick Century no injector pulse.

• Creator
    Topic
    ScottScott
    Participant

I need to pick some brains today. Got a 98 Century with a crank, no start with no injector pulse.

Diagnostic chart points to bad PCM. PCM, ignition module, 7x crank sensor and cam sensor have been replaced. 3x signal wires between ignition module and PCM have been restrung including new terminals with injectors still not pulsing. checked all injectors with AFIT and resistance of all injectors is between 12.1 and 12.5 ohms injectors have power to them. Car will run on starting fluid.

Anyone got any ideas on the theft system and if it could cause just the injectors not to pulse?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man
        ScottScott
        Participant

I finally ran down the problem. It was an ignition feed to the PCM. There is nothing in any publications that references this and the PCM was communicating with the scan tool. i finally went back and starting checking all the power and grounds at the PCM and found an open between the underhood fuse block and the PCM. Circuit 438 I believe.

college mancollege man

Glad you found the problem.

Billy AndrewsBilly
            Participant

Nice work, that was a tough one.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…