Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1998 Lexus ES300 starter issues (possibly?)

1998 Lexus ES300 starter issues (possibly?)

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1998 Lexus ES300 starter issues (possibly?)

• Creator
    Topic
    MichaelMichael
    Participant

Hoping someone can help me here. 98 lexus es300, v6 engine with 220k miles. When I go out to start the car in the morning(in the cold), it starts to crank, but then stops. it has intermittent clicks, which points to a bad starter to me, but then it’ll start to crank, sometimes crank slow and die off, or it’ll have enough to start the car. Once it starts to warm up though during the day, it starts fine with no problems.

I want to say its the starter but the conditions seem to tell me maybe the battery doesnt have good CCAs? the battery is less than a year old. If any more info is needed ill gladly provide it. thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      ChrisChris
      Participant

I’d look at the battery first before anything else.
        How old is it (if 4+ yrs old then probably time for a new one!)
        Is there anyone nearby that can test it for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MichaelMichael
        Participant

Well the battery is about 9 months old so less than a year old. I had autozone test it a couple months back but when they tested it it was still in the car and they said it was good. Not sure if that makes a difference with it being in the car versus out of it.

Fernando cunhaFernando cunha
          Participant

sounds like a bad starter

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…