Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1998 Nissan Sentra–dead key–ignition switch prob

1998 Nissan Sentra–dead key–ignition switch prob

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1998 Nissan Sentra–dead key–ignition switch prob

• Creator
    Topic
    lowcountry86lowcountry86
    Participant

Hi all,
      I have a manual transmission 1998 Nissan Sentra. I first knew i had a problem a couple weeks ago. I got in the car to go to work in the morning. I turned the key and all electronic things came on, but no cranking. there was no click or anything, nothing was being sent to the starter. I turned the key back and forth several times and it started.

Well a couple weeks have passed with no issue. I went to go get lunch yesterday and got back in my car and turn the key and absolutely nothing. No dash lights, no electronics. Another interesting clue–the only electronic light that comes on is the airbag light and it is very faint and it kind of flickers.

Battery is fine. I am thinking it is the ignition switch. The part is only about $27 at AutoZone. Does this sound like the ignition switch? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks,
      Kevin

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

Check all your battery connections are clean and tight.
        Try wiggling the key in the ignition switch to see if
        things start or the dash lights come back. if so ignition switch
        would be suspect.

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/solving-automotive-no-start-problems

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

+1 on checking the battery and it’s connections. It is the most common cause of an issue like yours.

The article above can also help you with that issue.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…