Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1998 V70 TRACS Switch and Indicator acting up

1998 V70 TRACS Switch and Indicator acting up

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1998 V70 TRACS Switch and Indicator acting up

• Creator
    Topic
    AlexAlex
    Participant

Background: This behavior has been going on for a while, but I figured I might be able to get some answers on here. I hesitate to call it a problem, as most of the time it has no effect on the operation of the car and is more of a curiosity. The ABS/TRACS module was replaced a few years ago along with some faulty wheel sensors. Both ABS and TRACS work perfectly and don’t throw any warning lights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJANdK3eg2U&list=UUK3U5qgyuPwV7XZjs_84xXg

As shown in this video, the switch to disable the TRACS system will illuminate the “TRACS OFF” indicator light, but the light goes off as soon as the switch is released and TRACS remains enabled. If needed I can try to capture a video of the system working.

Repair shop speculated that it could be a problem with the module itself. My scan tool can’t read ABS codes, but I could get access to a scanner that can if needed. Would there even be any codes since everything else functions as intended?

Ideas on what could cause this?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

At this point it would not hurt to scan for any codes.
        If you disengage the parking brake does it still act up?

AlexAlex
        Participant

I’ll double check tomorrow but I believe it act the same under all circumstances. I’ll also see about getting or borrowing a scanner that can read ABS codes.
          It’ll be tricky but I also thought to test if the traction control will still operate while the switch is held down and the light is on. A passenger will hold the switch and I’ll listen for the pump at a certain slippery pull out that often triggers the system.

AlexAlex
          Participant

UPDATE!!

The traction control system operates. See video below:

Holding down the switch makes no difference in how it behaves, as if the control module is not getting the signal at all.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…