Menu

1999 HONDA ACCORD CLUTCH SLIPPAGE

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1999 HONDA ACCORD CLUTCH SLIPPAGE

• Creator
    Topic
    mikemike
    Participant

I HAVE A 1999 HONDA ACCORD 5 SPEED AND MY QUESTION IS IF I AM DRIVING IN 3 GEAR AND THEN I FLOOR THE GAS PEDAL IT WILL SLIP ,BUT SOME DAYS I WILL DO THE SAME THING AND IT WONT SLIP ,,, SHOULD I PREPAIR MY SELF ON GETTING A NEW CLUTCH CHECKED FOR LEAKS AS WELL AS FLUIDS

THANKS MIKE

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

When clutches start to go they tend to slip in higher gears, to me it sounds like you need to replace the clutch assembly and recheck for the symptom afterward. Don’t forget to check the hydraulics as there is no better time to replace them than when your doing a clutch. BTW bad hydraulics will not cause the symptom you describe.

mikemike
        Participant

THANK YOU

Third GearThird Gear
          Participant

Make sure you also do the rear main seal. The last thing you want is oil ruining your new clutch in the future. If you do this yourself make sure to get the Honda grease for the throwout bearing and the splines/shaft. It’s kind of expensive for the little container, but you don’t want to go back in there. I’ve had good luck with Exedy clutches on imports.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…