Menu

1NR-FE Camshaft re-profile

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Engine Modifications 1NR-FE Camshaft re-profile

• Creator
    Topic
    Dan RalleyDan Ralley
    Participant

Hi ETCG Forum,

This is my first post to the forum. I thought I’d start my thread here in the hope that I end up doing the following modification, where I can follow up with my progress and results 🙂

I’m looking to have the camshafts (dual VVTI), hopefully both intake and exhaust, re-profiled in the pursuit of a modest gain in power and torque.

My plan is to send the machine shop a set of used cams from a different Toyota with the same engine.
      My car is the Toyota IQ (scion IQ) with the 1.33 1NR-FE dual VVTI engine.

It’s proving easier to find a used cylinder head from a slightly later Toyota Yaris, with the same engine.

I’ve checked the parts catalogue and the part numbers match up, except for one small difference

The camshaft pin, present on the IQ engine but not on the Yaris’.

My questions are:
      – Since the camshafts themselves have the same part numbers, would it be feasible that a new camshaft pin can be purchased in installed into the Yaris cams, once they’re ready for my IQ’s engine?
      – Am I insane, purchasing a used cylinder head where I have no idea to it history?
      – Or will the fact that i’m going to have the lobes ground and new material added, negate that concern?

Many thanks,
      Dan-the-ambitious-man

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dan RalleyDan Ralley
      Participant

Unable to edit my previous post:

IQ 1NR-FE Cams:
        <div style=”width:100%;height:480px;background-color:black;text-align:center;”>

</div>

Yaris 1NR-FE Cams:
        <div style=”width:100%;height:480px;background-color:black;text-align:center;”>

</div>

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…