Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2000 Acura Integra GS Passenger Floor wet

2000 Acura Integra GS Passenger Floor wet

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2000 Acura Integra GS Passenger Floor wet

Tagged: ,

• Creator
    Topic
    Jack GreenJack Green
    Participant

Hello, my passenger floor has been wet since January. I know rain gets in through the blower motor of earlier integras, but that doesn’t seem to be the exact issue here. I have considered a clogged A/C drain, but I haven’t had my A/C on since October. I think water may be getting in some other way. I looked at other forums that referenced a leaking sunroof but did not go into detail about where water would come in if that were the case. I also read about a leaking heater core, but I do not think that is the problem either since I have full coolant and my heat is on a lot.
      I am hoping to find the source of this leak.
      Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Just a thought… check to see if the cowl drain is clogged.
        Might also check for possible rust holes in the general area where it is wet.

Jack GreenJack Green
        Participant

Where is the cowl drain? Is it on the passenger side? I actually took the cowl off already. It looks like theres an area where water might be directed, but it just looks like an opening to the fender. Is that what you are talking about?

Jack GreenJack Green
          Participant

It looks clear from the top, I’m not sure where it comes out though.

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
            Participant

Not sure how your specific vehicle is designed to drain the cowling area.
              Some have a channel to direct the water out, some have drain tubes located at the lowest point, some have a passageway inbetween the firewall.
              Might try filling the cowl up with a pitcher of water and watch were it drains to and exists.
              If you see a restricked or no flow out of the car it is clogged.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…