Menu

2000 Toyota Tundra CEL

• Creator
    Topic
    Andy KnightAndy Knight
    Participant

Hi everyone,

The Check Engine Light in my 2000 Toyota Tundra came on while driving down the interstate the other day. The vehicle continued to run fine and there were no other signs that something was wrong (the truck still starts up and runs fine in the days since). When I got home I plugged in my code reader (a cheapy Ancel AD310) and received a link error. The reader gets power and turns on, just won’t communicate with the vehicle. I checked the code reader on my 2011 Subaru Forester to confirm that it was working and it had no problem connecting to that vehicle. I checked the OBD fuse and the ECU fuses and all looks good. I tried going to Advanced Auto to try a different code reader but due to the pandemic they are no longer checking CELs.

Other then get my hands on another code reader, I’m at a bit of a loss as to how to diagnose this problem. I have seen a few posts about this on other forums but nothing that pertains to my specific issues that had information on a successful resolution. Thanks in advance to everyone for their help and advice!

Best,
      Andy

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Unless there is another method to read the code(s)from the ECM (CEL flashing code )
        You might try to see if autozone will read the vehicle.
        If not, your going to need a different reader.
        Has your code reader been used and functioned on this specific vehicle before this?
        If so, you may have a bigger issue.

Andy KnightAndy Knight
        Participant

Thanks for the reply,

I have never tried to use that code reader on this vehicle before. Hopefully the issue is with the code reader and not a symptom of a bad ECM. Hoping to get a friend with a code reader to come by as it seems that all the local parts stores have paused their CEL code reading services. I’ll post back if I’m able to get it read. Otherwise I suppose I’ll just bring it to a shop and let them handle it.

If anyone knows of another method for checking codes that would be appreciated, not sure if that is possible on this vehicle though.

Thanks,
          Andy

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…