Menu

2001 Celica GT-S Issues

• Creator
    Topic
    Leon AlexanderLeon Alexander
    Participant

Thank you in advance for reading this. Bear with me as this will be long, but if I understood the sticky topics, more details here are better. Rather than have 50 threads about 50 issues, I wanted to try to keep as much of it in one spot as possible.

It should remain in my signature, but for posterity I have a 2001 Celica GT-S 6spd Standard which has a 2ZZ-GE 1.8L Engine. Everything is stock except the exhaust (which I’ll cover more later).

I covered it at length in my introduction, but I would say I am still pretty much a novice at automotive repair and at present out of work (so very limited budget). I do have a digital version of the repair manual, but it is geared towards more advanced technicians with a lot more specialized tools at their disposal. I really wanted to learn and fix all this on my own, but I after a year working at it, I kinda feel like it was time to reach out to a forum. What better one to go to than one of my favorite car video guys ETCG.

There are a number of small issues that aren’t necessarily related to the main issue, but I want to get them out of the way first.

The windshield washer fluid reservoir has a cracked hole in it. It’s placement makes it a minor pain to replace, more so than it’s worth at the current moment. The oddity here is that it is right near the passenger headlight but when the fluid drains out, it actually drains out near the passenger door. Of note, the car has a rear windshield wiper.

The battery is not secured. It tends to rest against the engine, but doesn’t actually impact anything because of the plastic engine cover.

The exhaust pipe is on the wrong side. It looks like the previous “mechanic” owner went through some gymnastics to do this and I have no idea why. If you look at a stock 7th gen GT-S the exhaust is on the passenger side, the spot for it is there on mine, but they actually cut out a half circle in the bumper on the driver side to place it there. Best I can tell, there’s nothing special about it, it’s not any particular aftermarket brand. This actually causes some complications though as it passes under the gas tank. This complicates getting to an already P.I.T.A EVAP canister which is a part I suspect as my main issue. ETCG doesn’t have a video on this specific part (that I could find) but this video shows what/where it is https://youtu.be/FQFULrEY3NE . There is also a rusted through hole in the exhaust pipe, probably 2ft from the muffler. I have a patch, but haven’t made it a priority to resolve.

The rear driver side caliper had a pin that stuck out. After some working at it I got it in and to stay put although this brake still grinds a little. The rear passenger brake is an atrocity. It had a loose pin that I could not get to go back in place. I tried to keep an eye on it so that it at least stayed in the hole, it only didn’t line up with the last hole, but I recently lost it. I tried some stuff to rig it for a while so that the pad wasn’t resting on the rotor, but the grinding seemed to get worse. That same caliper has always been missing its wire and retaining clip, so the pad flops around a bit. I would probably makeshift the wire, but I can’t make the clip. Given the situation, I really may as well replace both rear brakes and calipers, but it’s pricey.

AC doesn’t get cool, but likely just needs a recharge.

I noted this in my intro topic but I’m adding it here that the front end alignment has issues, steering wheel resting position is turned about 15 degrees counter clockwise. Along with some popping is either a ball joint or tie rod. The actual ride quality isn’t really affected by it in most instances. It could be both at there’s a bit of noise when the engine staggers or when making sharp turns. The ABS light is also on which is also part of that area in the CV axle, I suspect it’s related. ETCG Had a pretty good video covering this area.

On an interesting note, there’s a particular oddity where if I turn the steering wheel clockwise about say 5 degrees (not enough to turn the wheel, but enough to meet pressure) and release letting it turn back, the engine will surge about 500RPM and then drop back to normal. Not really something I think is a worrisome issue, but is worth noting for a small piece to the big issue to come.

I THINK the gas cap is a replacement. I’m not 100% but wanted to note it as a potential contributing factor. It seems to tighten down securely enough though.

The airbox is zip tied together where the previous mechanic owner broke the clips, but as I understand this is very easy to do. For a while I had removed the zip tie, particularly because I replaced the filter and wanted to try running without the tie but ultimately the box kept getting pulled open by the mass air elbow and normal vibration from engine. I ended up putting the zip tie back on. The air box itself isn’t actual secured well anyway because at least one of the plastic anchor bolts is missing, I think there’s one left holding it in place.

At one point one of the 1/2″ vacuum tubes had a blowout leaving a hole in it, this has since been replaced but is noteworthy towards the main issue.

Occasionally while parked idling at night I’ve noticed the overhead light dim slightly and only briefly. Noteworthy towards one of the CEL codes I’ve received but will go into more in a moment.

Another CEL code I received, basically was noted as an “Unknown Error”, but when I had looked it up seemed to be commonly related to the O2 sensor. I actually checked both O2 sensors and found that they had been replaced by previous mechanic owner. They used the cheap slice and splice ones and was very poorly wired. One had actually become disconnected behind the electrical tape and the other was close. I went ahead and reconnected them securely and made sure the electrical tape was bound good and tight. It was good to do but didn’t resolve anything. I did wonder if the being disconnected/loosely connected had maybe grounded/damaged the actual sensors. I have not replaced these as I want to use the more expensive OEM ones that are more reliable.

I think that cover majority of what I know has issues and the current situation. Which leave the MAIN ISSUE(S) which has been a fight, albeit great learning opportunity, to deal with. Everything with the main issue is intermittent but frequent, which is why I wanted to explain everything else first.

So the main issue started with a CEL about a year ago. At first it just ran (drive, idle, ect.) very subtly worse than before the CEL. The condition steadily declined but has never become terminal where it just died and wouldn’t start. When I had the CEL checked (I don’t have the tool for this) towards the beginning, it gave two codes which I don’t recall. However I know one was labeled as an unknown issue, the other was an open circuit. This is what lead me to investigate and rewire the O2 sensors as noted above.

The symptoms are hard for me to explain because of the inconsistency, so please bear with me.

For a while the car would not cold start on the first try, but almost always started perfect on the second try, but this hasn’t seemingly been an issue in the last few months. Outside temperature and weather did not seem to be a factor as it happened through winter and into summer. This also did not start happening until a few months after the CEL first lit.

For a few periods off and on, when I would go to take off when the engine was cold, the car would choke and act like it wasn’t getting gas, but never did it when the engine warmed up. In the periods where it wasn’t doing this, it would rarely do the same thing taking off from a stop after the engine was warm if I happened to try to take off a bit quicker than normal (pressing the gas a little more… quickly not so much hard and far from WOT). A lot of the time though, I can accelerate quickly without issue though. I don’t risk it obviously because I don’t want it to choke trying to turn through oncoming traffic.

Once the car is above 2000-2500RPMs it doesn’t seem to choke if I give it more gas (WOT excluded). So if I ease into taking of and then give it gas or don’t make a full stop, I’m golden.

Also when it chokes and acts like I’m not giving it gas, it will keep doing this until I release the gas, give it a second, and try again. Choke may also be the wrong word, because it will still idle, and even move for as I depress the clutch, but only at a idle speed.

Sometimes though, even now, while accelerating, it will jerk once or twice, but not actually choke. Occasionally this is accompanied by a light backfire. The jerking primary seems to be caused by momentarily not receiving gas and then catching up to the proper speed. While intermittent, unlike the starting choke issue and the 2nd time start issues, this has persisted pretty much the whole time. Notably this primarily happens during first gear acceleration when happen it does but not always. The higher the gear the less frequently this seems to happen, but it does happen.

Similar to the previous issue, when going a steady speed, sometimes it will jerk or even chug a little. This is more prevalent at the higher speeds, though much less frequent than the issue while accelerating.

An issue I’ve only really seen in 6th gear (primarily between 50-60mph) is that the car will stall. When it stalls, it will still roll idle, but receives no acceleration from any combination of pressing /releasing the gas. The stall will usually persist until the car has idled down to about 45mph and then pick back up like nothing happened. This usually happens about 10-15min driving on the highway. After it does it once though, it won’t do it again for the rest of the trip (up to 1.5hr trips from Louisville to Lexington). In fact usually once I’m over 65mph where my RPMs sit around 3k+ I never seem to have an issue.

Which really that’s more of a general thing really. The higher my RPMs, the less issues I have.

When I try to blip the RPMs while sitting idle, they drop from 1k to about 500 briefly before going up. If I quickly WOT from idle, it will pretty much always choke and hang around 300-500 RPM until I release the gas. With some recent more thorough cleaning, the WOT issue has seemed less prevalent. My last cleaning earlier today it seemed to WOT fine, but the other issues were still present.

The last symptom is dying. Most of the previous issue happen while giving it gas, but this happens if I’m not giving it gas. Primarily the car will only die while sitting idle at say a stoplight, but usually only in combination with times where it has been jerking a bit. While sitting at the example stoplight, if I give it gas and hold try to hold the RPMs at about 2k while it is trying to die, it’ll sound kinda like bubble wrap. However other times if I try to hold it at 2k at a stop, it will surge back and forth between about 1.5k and 2.5k RPMs. Of course sometimes it will idle fine or it will start to die, try to correct itself and jump to about 2.25k RPMs and ease back down to idle. Typically the car will not have an issue with trying to die until about 15-20min into a trip, notably similar to the high speed stall time. Unlike the high speed stall, one it starts trying to die, it will usually be a fight for about 5-10min trying to force feed it gas keeping it alive.

Speaking of idle, it’s idle over all is a hair high. Not concerning, but noteworthy. After cold start it usually idles at about 2k, a little over, until warm and then drops to a hair over 1k (like 1100RPMs). As I recall 900-1k is about normal idle.

So what have I tried?

Well as I mentioned the initial CEL pointed loosely to the OS sensor issue, which I repaired, but did not replace.

After I discovered the whole in the vacuum tube, which was about pea sized, I replaced it.

Tried cleaning them MAF sensor.

Used a 9v battery to test all the VSV attached to the air box, 3 total. One I don’t think was a vsv it was something else with a diaphragm about the same size the has a similar function. Also checked the airflow and vacuum through these based on the manual.

Tried cleaning the throttle body and the holes leading to that sensor. Did not actually remove these. According to the manual removing them would require replenishing the coolant (not hard but just haven’t done so yet). I cleaned around the circular plate top and bottom, or front and back depending on how you look at it as well as in the hole with cloth, toothbrush, and Q-tip. Notably this has seemed to be the most efficient way to keep the symptoms minimized but not fixed.

I replaced the air filter.

I replaced the pcv valve.

Tried flipping the blue vacuum test valve piece ( Bottom of this page ).. It didn’t seem to have a noticeable effect, although I didn’t realize it had a cleanable filter in it until looking for this image/page. Notable I had tested the airflow both directions and it did seem correct.

I tried running a spectrum of gas/fuel system/engine cleaners though it. It always seems to run better but not perfect. I chalk this one up primarily to increased octane boost though.

This engine requires premium, so I have only ever put 93 or 92 (whichever was highest at a given gas station) in it since I have owned it.

Turning the fan on or off manually doesn’t seem to have an impact. Something I noticed early on though was that when the engine was in the stage where it usually kicks the fans on and lowers idles a little, I think a cooling cycle, it would be most prone to trying to die.

I’ve not observed any issue with overheating while idling, driving street, or highway.

From a cold start leaving the car idling with no driving it will eventually die, usually 15-20min

Anytime it dies, it will start back up perfectly.

Tried resetting the efi by removing the fuses. Also inspected those fuses to make sure they were good. Resetting this usually makes the CEL go out. It will inevitably come back anywhere from immediately to the first time it has issues.

There was a period in time, I believe it was while I didn’t have the airbox zip tied and it slid open all the time (had to push it back together every trip or two), where occasionally the CEL would actually go off by itself. When the CEL went off though, the car was usually a lot rougher until it came back on.

Besides windshield wiper fluid, I’ve not noticed any fluid loss, no oil leaks, nothing like that.

I recently I Ohm tested all 4 ignition coils. Was going to test the distributor but it doesn’t have one..

I have not tested the spark plugs themselves. I got a spark plug wrench and gap tool earlier in the year for my lawnmower thinking I could use it for both, but unfortunately while it fits, the holes the plugs are in are too deep for the tool I got and I haven’t went out to get another yet.

I’ve not noticed any off color smoke or the sort.

That I think is all I know about the situation. If I overlooked something and remember I’ll try to come back and add it in. If stuck with reading this novel length issue, that you so much for sticking with it. It was a lot to unload and I’m sure a lot to read, but since the research I’ve done shows a lot of this can be virtually anything on the car, I just needed a second look.

As I noted in the beginning, I really want to check the evap cannister, but I’m nowhere near equipped to drop the muffler to get to it. Really I can’t jack up the car. I have a nice hydraulic jack, but a inclined driveway to a kinda busy street and no where else I can really work on it. Between that and the shoe string budget, it has made working on the car a slow progression.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

I’m not trying be rude here but you have to much going on at once. can pick something that is at the top of the list?

Participant

No worry, I 100% get it’s a lot of stuff. I wouldn’t even want to read it all and I spent hours writing it. I’ve been keeping all this in my head for about a year trying to sort it all out while learning. The main point was just to dump everything I knew about it so I could refer back to it as needed and so there was as much detail as possible.

The issue(s) I listed as main issue is really top of my list. I suspect a lot of it is related but let’s start with.. the jerking as this actually causes additional stress on my already in trouble CV axle.

The jerking symptom was:

Sometimes though, even now, while accelerating, it will jerk once or twice, but not actually choke. Occasionally this is accompanied by a light backfire.

The jerking primary seems to be caused by momentarily not receiving gas and then catching up to the proper speed.

While intermittent, unlike the starting choke issue and the 2nd time start issues, this has persisted pretty much the whole time.

Notably this primarily happens during first gear acceleration when happen it does but not always. The higher the gear the less frequently this seems to happen, but it does happen.

college mancollege man

Have you tried cleaning your throttle body?

Participant

I did indeed:

Tried cleaning the throttle body and the holes leading to that sensor. Did not actually remove these. According to the manual removing them would require replenishing the coolant (not hard but just haven’t done so yet).

I cleaned around the circular plate top and bottom, or front and back depending on how you look at it as well as in the hole with cloth, toothbrush, and Q-tip.

Notably this has seemed to be the most efficient way to keep the symptoms minimized but not fixed.

An addition to that:

I tried running a spectrum of gas/fuel system/engine cleaners though it. It always seems to run better but not perfect. I chalk this one up primarily to increased octane boost though.

I know cleaners are quite the debated topic, but I had watched a series of videos… Chrisfix I think, where he tested a bunch to see which was best. Also used did the Seafoam thing too but only through the vacuum nipple and gas tank, I didn’t use it in the oil.

Edit:
              One more note I don’t think I mentioned in the OP blob but the throttle body cleaning reminded me to mention. The idle is never rough, with one small exception. If I WOT and choke the engine to 500RPM the idle will be rough until I release.

When I try to blip the RPMs while sitting idle, they drop from 1k to about 500 briefly before going up.

If I quickly WOT from idle, it will pretty much always choke and hang around 300-500 RPM until I release the gas.

With some recent more thorough cleaning, the WOT issue has seemed less prevalent.

My last cleaning earlier today (date of the OP) it seemed to WOT fine, but the other issues were still present.

Jake FJake F
              Participant

Holy shitballs. That was more of a diary than a question. I think you said your wiper fluid leaks are gone so that’s solved. The exhaust doesn’t seem to be a problem even if it’s tailored on the wrong side. Everything sounds align. Your strap issues can easily be solved by securing with something other than a zip tie. I mean seriously, you’re bunkering down your battery with a zip tie? Get a leather belt from a thrift store for $2. Brake pads shouldn’t have a grinding noise but more of a rubbing sound. Check the integrity of your splash shields. They’re nasty against the rotor when they corrode. Vacuum leaks are usually easy to hear but difficult if they’re pin-sized. I wouldn’t think this would affect a dying at idle issue but I know very little about manual trans. Have a buddy check under the hood for weird noises at cold-startup (if he’s/she’s competent enough). AC is moot. It’s almost winter in the northern hemisphere. Serpentine belt quality is a good check tho. Keep that alternator happy and your battery will stay happy (with a belt or strap). The o2 sensor is a messed up note. Why did they splice into the harness on a rugged 2001? The assembly most have been toast. I wouldn’t worry about the exposed wires for a month or two unless they were poorly connected. Now to your real issue. Without a doubt do not take my advice as more than experience on my own vehicle. I’m a DIYer, not certified, not anything. What shape is your oil in? Is your oil pressure decent on cold start? Can you take off smoothly cold-start in 2nd instead of 1st? Did you CarFax this bitch? What are your CEL codes?

The 01 Celica is a badass car and anyone in their right mind would want to get dirty and fix the issues youre having. Don’t give up and read read read unless you think the engine is toast and you have time or money to rebuild it. I grabbed this photo off google for inspiration. Siiick,

Attachments:
                Participant

Thanks so much for the reply creativepotato! Yeah it was a lot of information to dump in one place and a lot of small issues. Main reason is because I know some forums prefer you not suddenly open 6 different threads. I do want to address each of the points/comments as I think some information got crossed, but I will try to keep it brief.

I have not resolved the wipe fluid leak as it’s a small issue that I’m not worried about at the moment. I added it mainly for completeness.

The exhaust system placement itself doesn’t cause problems for the car, but it does cause issues in getting to the EVAP canister which I need to check as a part of my main issue.

The battery is not secured at all, the noted zip tie is holding the MAF air box together because the previous mechanic owner broke the clips on it. The leather belt for the battery is a good idea though!

The rear drive brake is more of a rubbing sound, the rear passenger brake is definitely grinding. As I mentioned the caliper retainer clip ( This ) and pretty sure the anti rattle clip ( This ) are gone. The splash shields (I think) are pretty rusted though so I’ll definitely give this some investigation.

Vacuum leak was one of my first thoughts when I started researching the main issues, when I discovered one of the vsv tubes had a hole blown in it, I was pretty excited thinking that would fix it. Unfortunately it really did nothing for it. I have tried listening for the noise while the engine was running, and I think I hear it, even checked a few videos to compare, but really I am not sure. I also don’t really know anyone who works on cars, part of why I turned to the net lol.

For the O2 sensors, splice may have been a poor choice of word. They just used the cheap sensors where you cut the wires, swap them, then twist the wires back together and wrap the bare wire in electric tape as opposed to replacing the whole thing and rerouting the wire. I don’t know how familiar you are with it, but you can see the location in This Video. The part that is cut and replaced is in the first quarter of the video ( under the carpet, not where it connects to the exhaust system). The video goes through the proper replacement though, not the cheap way. In my case, the wires were not properly twisted back together, so they came undone under the electric tape. I did reconnect them properly, but I just don’t know if the wire twist having been loose/disconnected may have ground out one or both of the sensors.

My oil does need to be replaced, it’s a little over due, however the oil and filter have been replaced since the issue started. The level looking at the dipstick is normal and the color seems normal. I’m not sure how to check the pressure, but I will look into it. I think I can take off smoothly in 2nd maybe even 3rd gear, assuming it isn’t plagued with one of the intermittent issues, but I will definitively test this from a cold start.

I think I checked CarFax a long while back after I bought it. I would have before, but I wasn’t prepared to get this one. I had prepared and was looking at a similar year Honda Prelude on the lot that turned out to be a bust. I didn’t have a car when I got this one and basically cornered myself by getting a one way ride to the lot.

All in all, I can really feel the greatness beneath the issues. When it isn’t being hit with one of the intermittent issue, it drives amazing. I don’t know if you caught my introduction, but I’ve been researching, working on, and learning for a year now and don’t plan to give up. I don’t think the engine is toast at all, the way it chokes I’m positive it has something to do with the vacuum / air intake system. I have suspicions that if I could check the evap canister I may find the problem. The canister itself is an expensive part, but it has some vsv on it that I think are replaceable independently.

Lastly, that image is pretty sick! I’m gonna try to get some images and maybe a video this weekend. I’ve never done a video, but I’m gonna try.

Participant

So quick update creativepotato. I’m planing to do more tomorrow, but I did try taking off in 2nd and it was fine. Of note, recently (the last month or two) it hasn’t frequently had issue choking on take off unless I tried to take off too quickly, but that’s closer to the WOT issue.

Also I took a quick look at the splash guards on the brakes. I notices the front ones are much larger than the rear ones, which I guess makes sense considering. The rear ones are both rusted, the driver side more so than passenger. I tapped them with a screwdriver a bit to try to knock some of the hopefully loose rust off and then pushed on them a bit to see if they would back from the rotors a little until I get a chance to replace them. The driver side one was so bad it actually felt a bit flimsy, but tapping with the screwdriver knocked more off that one.

I didn’t have a chance to drive it around, but I’ll get to it tomorrow. As a side question to this, do you think something like WD-40 between the rotor and splashguard would help? My concern is the brakes heat combined with the WD-40 being flammable. The smart thing would be to just remove the tire and file/sand the guards (or replace them), but I can’t actually jack it up in my driveway.

Jake FJake F
                    Participant

I didn’t read your second to last post cause of time constraints but will eventually. I can’t imagine WD-40 igniting under that circumstance. i seriously don’t have a can of WD-40 in my apartment for a flame test, but it’s high degree stuff. In between a splash shied and brakes? No problem. No clue where you’re starting because, as you’ve explained, there’s some issues even minor that are happening. Be back Monday with an intelligent comment.

Participant

Not a problem, by Monday I should have everything better laid out with images and hopefully a video.

Participant

Alright, so I have some generic images, but at least you will have a visual. I couldn’t really get light to work with me so they’re a little on the dull side even after a little editing. I also did get a video, but like a diva when the camera was on she performed like a star. There are still some noteworthy noises so I may still upload it.

I scaled these down to fit the forum, if you want a larger shot or a image of something particular, just let me know.

Sideview:

Quarter view:

Quarter view with hood up:

Engine w/ covers:

Participant

Engine w/o covers:

Closer view of MAF side:

Exhaust:

Participant

Small update. I stopped my an Autozone this morning to get my CEL codes since I have done a considerable amount of work (for me) since the last time I had it checked. Let me say, Autozone has stepped their game up by the way. Last yeah the guy who checked my CEL had.. a lot of issues and really couldn’t give me any information on what the codes could mean. Now they use a scan tool with no display which feeds the codes directly to their system inside so that by the time you get back in, you have a printout where it has checked what the codes is, has suggested parts, ect. Pretty cool.

Anyway so if you’ll recall, last time I had two CEL codes, one that looked like the O2 sensor and one unknown open circuit electrical issue. I only have one now, P0120 “TP Sensor or Switch ‘A’ Circuit Malfunction”. I think this is the same unknown open circuit code from before, just with more detail this time.

So, looks like I may have a bad throttle position sensor, which does make sense to me since when I clean the throttle body, is does better for a little bit. It’s also noteworthy on this that last time I cleaned it, I also tried to use some wire to scrape down in the sensor area a little. It’s difficult to get down in it through, especially the hole behind the plate, but each time I got it in there, I pulled out some carbon. Since that it has ran a bit better consistently.

I’ve been avoiding it, but given the information I have now, I think this weekend I’m going to take the sensor off and try really getting in there and cleaning it. I know the code notes “Circuit ‘A'” but before I throw money at parts, I wanna try this. Saving the money here could open me up to start on my next issue, the cv axle parts.

As a final note on the TPS, it notes the symptoms as “A failed sensor can cause hesitation, surging, incorrect idling, and erratic shifting of the transmission” pretty much all of which I described in my big long “diary” post in the beginning.

college mancollege man
                                Participant

Hey again! Thanks for taking time from your schedule to find that.

Actually the repair manual has a really good page on checking it. It doesn’t have as much general information as your link does, which is great for learning, but it has the precise resistance that should be measured (see image at the bottom).

After I made the response that I was just going to take it out and try to clean it, I did a bit more investigating aka RTFM and discovered it’s not as simple as I thought. In order to take it off, I wind up having to redo the coolant which from what I gathered in a Celica forum, is a bit of a pain to get just right. There’s also a gasket which is between the throttle body and engine block which is labeled as not reusable. Granted the o ring on the MAF sensor is labeled as not reusable and I’ve pulled it out to clean without replacing it.

Basically, I need to test it before I take it off (which is why I looked up the test in the manual) because for the effort involved in taking it off to clean it, I may as well just replace it. Autozone had it listed for $55, but I found the OEM version multiple times online for about $15 $25. I may check specifically with some of ETCG’s sponsors though just to show some support.

Thanks again for the link! I’ll read over it and see if I can pick up some addition information from it. Every little bit helps for sure.

Participant

Alright, I’m 90% sure the TPS is bad:

VTA-E2 Closed- 2.8k (Good)
                                    VTA-E2 WOT- 0.8k (Bad)
                                    VC-E2- 3.0k (Good)

I also noticed it is not an OE part. The part date is Nov 16, 2010. It’s not even the right part number actually. It has the part number TPS041-001, which is a TPS for a Mitsubishi Lancer. There’s a good sized list of vehicles the OE interchanges with (Corolla XRS, Vibe, Matrix, Tacoma,and so on) but the Lancer isn’t one of them.

I will say, the OE and it’s interchanges are kinda difficult to find and about twice as expensive (on average) as the one on it now. It was close though. The proper one is 89452-35020, the one current Lancer one on it interchanges for 89452-33040 which is for a ’99 Celica GT or ’01 Camry.

It makes me glad I actually researched the OE part, not just order the part that was on it.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…