Menu

2001 Dodge Ram Halo Headlights

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2001 Dodge Ram Halo Headlights

• Creator
    Topic
    ChrisR1987ChrisR1987
    Participant

I recently acruited and installed Spec-D Halo/LED projector headlights for my 01 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport. My truck has the 5.9 V8 and is 4×4. My main issue I got the lights off of another Dodge Ram but what I failed to realize is the lights wernt meant for the “Sport” Model Ram. My guess is because the Sport model utilizes a quad bulb headlight setup while the standard Ram’s use dual bulb. The lights work although my low beams seem kind of dim and my high beam indicator on my dash is constantly on. The strange thing is I can still get the lights to switch from high to low beam. It presents two problems to me, one is that if I have traffic coming at me sometimes I cant tell if Im in high or low beam especially if Ive been switching recently. Also my foglights are disable because they will not come on if the high beams are on or sensed on. I was wondering if there was a way I can redo the wiring on my headlight harness going into the headlights to “mimic” the wiring on a regular dodge ram if that makes sense. Or if any of y’all have had similar experiences and have a fix? Thanks in advance

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man
        EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

Honestly, I think you’re going to need to get the lights for your particular vehicle in order to make it work correctly.

Good luck and keep us posted.

ChrisR1987ChrisR1987
          Participant

Im definately considering that option as well Eric. And College Man many thanks I’ll look at that site more.

ChrisR1987ChrisR1987
            Participant

Well it doenst look like the wiring will work so Im looking at replacing the lights. Kinda sucks because I cant find that style that will work with Sport Ram. Oh Well. Thanks for your help all

college mancollege man

[quote=”ChrisR1987″ post=121316]Well it doenst look like the wiring will work so Im looking at replacing the lights. Kinda sucks because I cant find that style that will work with Sport Ram. Oh Well. Thanks for your help all[/quote]

sorry to here that. keep searching. 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…