Menu

2002 Ford ZX2(again) Short Term Fuel Trim and Long Term Fuel Trim trying to find a vacuum leak

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2002 Ford ZX2(again) Short Term Fuel Trim and Long Term Fuel Trim trying to find a vacuum leak

• Creator
    Topic
    rice400rice400
    Participant

STFT is good but your

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dreamer2355dreamer2355
      Participant

Do you have access to the freeze frame data so we can see if its a lean condition under a load or not?

nsman06nsman06
        Participant

Okay so today I was unable to get alot

MattMatt
          Participant

[quote]Quoted From nsman06: _x000D_
            _x000D_

college mancollege man

[quote]Quoted From nsman06:_x000D_
              _x000D_

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
              Keymaster

+1 on using water if you’re not comfortable with the carb cleaner method, as stated it will fill the void created by the leak and the idle should smooth out, carb cleaner and propane are also effective in that they provide a richer mixture in addition to

nsman06nsman06
                Participant

Okay so heres the update. I took it to my mechanic and there is nothing wrong with the car. It idles smoothly, no vacuum leaks, no pinched wires from the transmission job, no pinched vacuum lines, and the O2 sensors are normal. So with all that said I sti

rice400rice400
                  Participant

I agree, check your fuel pressure

ScannerDannerScannerDanner
                    Participant

I believe on this engine there is a pcv elbow (that splits) that is underneath the intake manifold that you cannot see unless your underneath the car._x000D_
                      also I had 1 of these engines completely kick my ass with this condition and it ended up being the tim

ScannerDannerScannerDanner
                      Participant
                        EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                        Keymaster

[quote]Quoted From ScannerDanner: _x000D_
                          _x000D_
                          I believe on this engine there is a pcv elbow (that splits) that is underneath the intake manifold that you cannot see unless your underneath the car._x000D_
                          also I had 1 of these engines completely kick my ass with

MikeMike
                          Participant

I am working on an 01 navigator with the same issue…i will look into this as well because he had the engine rebuilt recently…thats when the p0171 code started.

college mancollege man

Have your mechanic read live data. look at the fuel trims._x000D_
                              read them at idle. Then bring the rpm to 2000 see if the_x000D_
                              fuel trims come down. then do the same at 3000 rpm._x000D_
                              if the fuel trim numbers come down drastically then its

nsman06nsman06
                              Participant

The MAF

nsman06nsman06
                                Participant

Oh and also the LTFT was high at 19.5 and the stft ranged from 5.5-10.2

Third GearThird Gear
                                  Participant

Those LTFTs are too high for my liking to be considered “normal”. I was chasing an issue I had with my 99 Sierra for awhile, I thought the trims were too high (but no codes) and I couldn’t find a vacuum leak. I discovered my fuel pressure was 10

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…