Menu

2002 Toyota RAV4 Ignition problem

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2002 Toyota RAV4 Ignition problem

• Creator
    Topic
    A toyotakarlIts me

Check to ensure your crank position sensor is sending a signal…. On this year RAV4 you should see the Tachometer move when you crank the engine. If it is not moving, trace the crank position sensor line and ensure there are no breaks.

When you turn the key, the Fuel pump will run for a few seconds (to prime the pump) and will and should give you a good fuel pressure reading… After that if it does not get the crank signal it will turn off the voltage to the fuel pump…

So you are probably getting spark, (hence why you can start it with starting fluid) but are not getting a consistent fuel supply.

Now you mentioned you are not getting a spark… That is controlled by the signal from the Cam position sensor… Check all those wires.

If I were to have this car in my shop, I would hook my labscope up to the crank and cam positions sensors and check them as well as ensure their wiring was not an issue.

Good luck

-Karl

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…