Menu

2003 Camry xle 2.4 150,090 miles

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2003 Camry xle 2.4 150,090 miles

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Rob RichardsonRob Richardson
    Participant

Check engine light the last 600 miles or so off and on for p0304 and other misfire codes the injectors were the issue at first but I replaced them now I’m wondering if it’s he coils or plugs or something worse? I wanna try to get another 50k miles on this car tho any ideas what’s going on

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

Misfires could be fuel, spark or timing. Any particular pattern to when the CEL comes on (after a hard pull, sitting at a light, etc)? Is it only P030X codes? Any P0300 codes?

Looks like you may have addressed the fuel situation (however, if you used aftermarket injectors…). That leaves spark and timing. I would give the coils a good visual inspection for signs of carbon tracking. Also, if you have not changed the spark tube seals, there could be oil in the spark plug tube and that could cause a misfire. If you are getting P0300s it may need a deeper look into the timing. Not a toyota guy, so not sure how their VVT works. Also check your plug gap, if you have not changed them ever, it may be time.

Good luck. Hopefully you can catch it when it is not behaving and figure it out.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…