Menu

2003 Saturn Ion Cruise Control

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2003 Saturn Ion Cruise Control

• Creator
    Topic
    Christopher PurdieChristopher Purdie
    Participant

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2003 Saturn Ion 2 from a co-worker. It’s in excellent shape and he’s kept really good care of it. However, he said he’s never been able to get the cruise control to work.

I’ve done some searching but can’t really find anything. The button does light up and comes on. Here’s where things get interesting. If I’m under 50 mph, it’ll set just fine and keep speed. But if I set it at 50 mph or higher, it’ll say it sets, and I can feel the pedal stay in place when I take my foot off the gas. But oftentimes it will accelerate, then after about gaining 5 mph, it’ll slow down, then speed back up and do this what seems to be a random amount of times. Sometimes after this happens, it’ll settle down. What is consistent after this behavior is that the accelerator pedal will kick off and the cruise control will no longer attempt to keep speed and I have to intervene.

Any help diagnosing and finding a solution would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…