Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2003 Toyota corrola CE with P0440 P0441 and P0446

2003 Toyota corrola CE with P0440 P0441 and P0446

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2003 Toyota corrola CE with P0440 P0441 and P0446

• Creator
    Topic
    Taha SyedTaha Syed
    Participant

Hello.

I have a 2003 corrola with the evap codes: P0440 P0441 and P0446. It’s a 1.8 liter, 1zz-fe motor with a the 4speed autobox A245E i’m pretty sure. It’s a Canadian spec corrola built in cambridge.

It has those evap coded for a while and i thought it was the gas cap but i’m pretty sure it’s not based on a few tests. I can’t find much online about this, except that between the Solara and Camry of the 98-99 vintage experiencing those 3 codes had a problem with the vacuum switching valve in the engine bay or the one close to the filter. Toyota has a service bullitin on this component and they reengineered it and replaced it with part: #90910-12271. I think the car has an evap leak for sure because if you turn the blower on and circulation is not on, you can smell gasoline in the air being forced into the cabin which would be consistent with what the evap system does. The other thing is that it’s got a gasoline smell somewhere in the back as well, but that’s harder to find because the smell isn’t as localized as the cabin.

So now i’m not sure what to do, i was thinkig or removing evap lines and putting air through to find a leak, but i don’t have a smoke machine. I don’t want to throw parts at it until i have a good answer to what the problem is. I was considering removing the 2 VSVs and testing them out of the vehicle for leaks but again no smoke machine, i was thinking of using compressed air at low pressure. Maybe just something like a dust buster to be even safer.

Any help is appreciated.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Billy AndrewsBilly
      Participant

Smoke machines are $60 on eBay.

Taha SyedTaha Syed
        Participant

[quote=”relative4″ post=203026]Smoke machines are $60 on eBay.[/quote]

Really Where? Only ones i’ve seen online start at 300 dollars CAD. I live in Canada, and i can’t get a lot of stuff that Americans can. I saw one that was 80 USD but it wasn’t shipping to Canada.

Billy AndrewsBilly
          Participant

You can download instructions and build a paint can smoke machine with < $50 worth of stuff from a hardware store.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…