Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2004 Acura TSX Transmission not shifting

2004 Acura TSX Transmission not shifting

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2004 Acura TSX Transmission not shifting

• Creator
    Topic
    alexander moralesalexander morales
    Participant

Hey, everyone My 2004 Acura TSX ( Automatic, 200k Miles) Has stopped shifting. I was on my to work when I noticed the transmission was stuck in third Gear, I had no Check engine lights at the time. I attempted to get to 5th gear using the Manual Feature on the shift selector but all it would do is go into Neutral. unfortunately, I had to drive all the way there using third gear.
      Attempting to go home I could not reverse out of my parking spot and getting it to go forward took a while.

Eventually, it threw a code and had to be towed home. The code I was given was P0756 -Solenoid be is Stuck Off.

I replaced the internal solenoid B’s located behind the dipstick cover and ….nothing. I removed the external Solenoid B it was clean, I removed the Solenoid A as well and Looked good i cleaned the screens and put them back on to see if it made a difference. IT DID NOT.

So I buy a replacement for the external linear solenoid B and install it hoping for a miracle and it seemed like it was the fix! The car shifted into every gear I drove it out my garage and i was about to jump for joy Until I heard a nasty clunk when I was putting it in park. I had to push it back into the garage, the code kept popping up even after clearing it letting it warm up etc. The car will crawl forward very slowly only in D3 and it shudders like crazy, the vsa light on after 5 to 10 mins If i don’t turn it off first before putting it in D3, no reverse and definitely only in D3.

I Decided to Swap the Transmission filter. I figured maybe its clogged, Well I must be lucky cause it gave me two more codes after doing that.

-P1734- Problem in shift control system
      -P0780- Shift Malfunction
      P756 -Shift solenoid B stuck off or shut

At this point I’m just looking to swap the transmission, I scratched my head on this one.

What do you guys think it could be, and do you have any recommendations?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BY7UL9vjnYr/?taken-by=cl9_alex

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      James HallJames Hall
      Participant

Im having the same issue, have you found a correct process to fixing the issue?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…