Menu

2004 Civic LX: Crank but no start

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2004 Civic LX: Crank but no start

• Creator
    Topic
    Matthew NimmoMatthew Nimmo
    Participant

I own a 2004 Honda Civic. Due to pandemic, I did not drive the car for 5 weeks and it will not start. I know, you are thinking battery, right? Nope, battery is fully charged. The car will crank and sound like it is running but just completely stalls. So, I drained the gas tank with the fuel pump and put new gasoline…no change. Took out a spark plug to see if I have spark…there is spark. Plenty of fuel getting to the motor..I disconnected the gas line near the throttle and filled a cup with fuel. The tumblers in my key cylinder are worn, so the key gets stuck sometimes…eventually will need to replace, but I would not think this would impact the car’s ability to stay running. Car has 342,000 miles with new Honda alternator (3 years ago), new plugs (4 months ago), ignition coils (have 83,000 miles on them), timing belt has 90,000 miles on it. In short, I have fuel, spark, and air going to chamber. The is the first time the car has done this. I just can’t think of what could go wrong just by sitting there for 5 weeks. Maybe check fuel pressure but based on priming volume collected in a cup, this does not seem to be issue. Any ideas? The car almost starts and then just dies.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Ted JonesTed Y Jones
      Participant

What is the solution?

Ted JonesTed Y Jones
        Participant

What is the answer?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…