Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Misfire in cylinder 8

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Misfire in cylinder 8

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Automotive Discussion 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Misfire in cylinder 8

• Creator
    Topic
    James SmithJames Smith
    Participant

Hey I just purchased this truck for a really good price and was told the valve seals need replaced in cylinder 8, it burns oil and reads p308 misfire code. Only burns oil upon start and goes away, I recently took it to a shop where they said they did a compression test and that cylinder has no compression and I need to replace motor. But it didn’t even look like they moved the truck from where it first was when I dropped it off. The plugs have been replaced and it temporarily stopped the misfire but soon came back. Wanting some more opinions as I think the shop is trying to screw me. Anything will help, I am no good with motors and only know how to do certain suspension work.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Greg LGreg L
      Participant

It’s been a while since I popped on here and surety you figured out the cause by now but I’ll put my two cents in for others as well.
        These engines have a history of dropping valve seats as well as valves. I’d remove the spark plug and peer into the cylinder with a borescope. You’ll likely see the cause. Also possible you see a hole thru the piston too

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…