Menu

2004 honda odyssey rear motor mount

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2004 honda odyssey rear motor mount

• Creator
    Topic
    ThatGuyThatGuy
    Participant

Hi,

I have a 2004 Honda Odyssey mini van.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dreamer2355dreamer2355
      Participant

You should be fine changing out that mount if you have the right tools.

Just make sure you support the engine correctly and then torque down the motor mount bolts down to the correct specifications.

I would also recommend an OEM replacement.

Have you inspected the motor mount yourself yet? Look for damage such as cracked, torn or dry rotted rubber or if its hydraulic, look for leaks.

fitonefitone
        Participant

I do not have firsthand knowledge of your 2004 Odyssey mounts. But I did find a how-to for a 2002 Odyssey. Try this link http://www.odyclub.com/forums/24-1999-2004-odyssey/149905-diy-instructions-replace-all-5-motor-mounts.html
          I think Eric has a Odyssey so he could provide firsthand input. I just did the front and passenger side mounts for a 2002 Accord and on that car the rear mount was the least likely to fail. Don’t know if this would apply to your van also. Have you had someone apply the brake to car and then rev the engine. Watch the rear mount area and see if the engine “climbs” upward. Watch the other mounts also you might have more than one problem based on the mileage of your van.
          Keep us posted on what you find.

ThatGuyThatGuy
          Participant

Hey Dreamer,

All I did was put the car on the lift and did a quick visual of the motor mount. The good service people at my local honda dealer told me it was bad. I didn’t bring my pry bars to tug on it..

All I do is support the engine from the bottom of oil pan with a thick block of wood. Do I support the engine from the top with a engine lift??

fitone thanks for the suggestion….. I am going to try that and try to find a little more info.. I am surprised that motor mounts go bad..

Thanks all for you help….

That Guy

dreamer2355dreamer2355
            Participant

You can use either way to support the engine. It all depends to what you have at your disposal.

I would definitely inspect the motor mount first to make sure it is bad.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
              Keymaster

+1 on checking to see if it’s really bad first as the only ‘real’ way to do that mount is to drop the subframe (at least a little bit) I believe and if that’s the case it’s going to be a very challenging thing to do at home without a lift so be sure that’

ThatGuyThatGuy
                Participant

Thanks Guys for Suggestions,

This vehicle is my primary ride. I am not experienced in dropping a sub-frame, and now I am thinking maybe this task is over my skill set. When I get a chance maybe this weekend I will put it on my friend’s lift and see if I can verify the problem. If I can’t I will take it back to Honda and see how they determined it was bad.

Thanks for the advice…

That Guy

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                  Participant

Quoted From ThatGuy:

Thanks Guys for Suggestions,

This vehicle is my primary ride. I am not experienced in dropping a sub-frame, and now I am thinking maybe this task is over my skill set. When I get a chance maybe this weekend I will put it on my friend’s lift and see if I can verify the problem. If I can’t I will take it back to Honda and see how they determined it was bad.

Thanks for the advice…

That Guy

You are welcome and thanks for using the ETCG forums.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…