Menu

2004 Hyundai V6 Auto Trans

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2004 Hyundai V6 Auto Trans

• Creator
    Topic
    KevinKevin
    Participant

2004 Hyundai V6 Santa Fe 85k miles. In colder weather the transmission growls in and out of gear. As the trans warms up – the growl goes away. Trans has never been serviced and I am thinking of changing fluid. Any other ideas or known problems? I’m thinking the pump – trans reads over full and fluid smells burnt with almost transparent black appearance. Help!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      BillBill
      Participant

Changing the fluid is a good place to start. Just make sure you use the correct fluid.

Robert McMahangaseousmercury
        Participant

I had a similar transmission problem with my 2005 Tucson. I ended up having to have my transmission and rear differential replaced under warranty. If you are still a few months under the 10 year warranty period (2004-2014). I would call the dealership you got it from (if you bought it from one).

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

[quote=”wysetech” post=91809]Changing the fluid is a good place to start. Just make sure you use the correct fluid.[/quote]

+1!

Also more information on dealing with problems like this here.

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/solving-transmission-problems

Good luck and keep us posted.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…