Menu

2005 Dodge Neon Questions

• Creator
    Topic
    TCTC
    Participant

I have a 2005 Dodge Neon SXT with 213000 miles. I was driving highway speeds for about 30 minutes and came to a stop at a red light. Suddenly, my oil light came on and went off after a second or two. This happened twice at that same light. Knowing that I had plenty of oil I’m guessing that it was a low pressure problem caused by a worn engine. This is the only time that has happened since then. Do you think this is what caused the problem? Would it be advisable to upgrade to thicker oil? I’m pretty sure I used either 10W30 or 5W20 (which is what the oil cap says). My last question is how hard is it to replace the engine with a used one? I am pretty good at figuring things out but I am just unsure because I don’t want to get over my head and screw up my whole car. The main thing I am worried about is connecting the engine to the transmission (auto). How is that done? Thanks – TCB

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      TCTC
      Participant

The middle mount was the problem on my car and since I changed it i figured I would go for the upper and lower because I knew that they were on their way out. The vibration through the whole car was so bad, it sounded like there was no exhaust or something. It was WICKED loud. But I never checked the tranny mount. I’m guessing that it’s probably bad now but I’m not concerned about it. My car has little to no vibration at all. The way you did your tranny mount was exactly how I did my center mount (a little at a time). I would check the other mounts and adjust them how your supposed to and see if that helps your vibration.

Jerry JonesJerry Jones
        Participant

[quote=”wysetech” post=89726]Before you consider replacing the engine you should install a mechanical gauge to measure the true oil pressure. Chryslers are notorious for pressure sending switches going bad and can cause the problem you are having.[/quote]

I concur sending unit

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…