Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2005 Mercedes C240 low oil level indication

2005 Mercedes C240 low oil level indication

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2005 Mercedes C240 low oil level indication

• Creator
    Topic
    Vic SorlieVic Sorlie
    Participant

Car is 2005 MB C240 with normally-aspirated engine. It’s indicating low oil level while being driven at cruise speed – say 55 to 70 mph. Indication not present at idle rpm and oil level physically checks full. I’m leaning toward bad oil level sensor. Would like to know any other opinions.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      StephanStephan
      Participant

Is it really filled up to maximum? These sensors are somethimes really sensitive. Less then half and my info display is asking for some oil. Only fill it to maximum if the car is hot and placed even. Wait some time. Too much oil does not help either 😀

Another thougt:
        Oil service done? If you run only short distances oil might got thinner. My sister had the same issue on her Mercedes C coupe 180 compressor. She only drives short distances. The oil got 2 thin and therefore it was bubbling. Therefore the sensor warned her even the oil level was ok. New filter and oil and everyhting was fine again. I hope you can understnad my english ;D

Vic SorlieVic Sorlie
        Participant

Yes, oil service (5W-40 synthetic) is current and customer is not overrunning change interval. We’re going to try 10W-40 oil. Will report.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…