Menu

2005 Odyssey Low Beam Flicker

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2005 Odyssey Low Beam Flicker

• Creator
    Topic
    Toaster Toastkarl inglott
    Participant

Hi there,

I have been troubleshooting this problem a while, but no solid conclusion.

My low beam headlights flicker, and I’m hoping to work out why.

My car is a Honda Odyssey 2005 DBA-RB1 (Japanese version).

I have used a multimeter to check the voltage and grounding between the battery and alternator, and cannot see any issues across either. I also have a voltmeter in the car, which is showing no problems whilst driving. I am not having any other issues with the electrics.

The flicker is not caused by bumps in the road, and it happens with the auto headlight function on or off. It does not occur to anything else. It is not a constant flicker, and perhaps during a 15 minute drive, it may happen for 1 minute in total. It happens a lot more frequently after I take off from a stop (such as taking off at lights). Although it does happen seemingly randomly, it may be occurring more frequently when going up an incline, though not certain. I have wriggled/jolted the stalk in the car, and it doesn’t seem to cause the issue. The fuse is fine, but I cannot access the relay, because it is sealed in some kind of relay module separate from the fuse box.

I’m currently on my third set of low beam bulbs, after the other two blew (I suppose because of the flickering wearing them out).

I have noticed that the serpentine belt has been screeching a little sometimes in the morning, but it doesn’t look too bad. I am also sceptical that the belt or alternator are at fault, because it would affect more than just my low beams, right? My only guess right now is a faulty relay?

Kind regards,

Karl

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Toaster Toastkarl inglott.
    Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…