Menu

2006 F150 Hard Start and rough idle

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge 2006 F150 Hard Start and rough idle

• Creator
    Topic
    Keith OrtnerKeith Ortner
    Participant

I have a 2006 Ford F150 4.2l that runs and drives great and gets good gas mileage. The issues I am having is starting the truck and a rough idle. Starting the is like having a dead battery or bad starter, cranking is labored and sometimes disengages. The codes I am getting is a P0302 and a P0316. Work that has been done so far, I ran Sea foam in the gas and have put 2000 mile on it since, checked all the fuses and connections, upper and lower intake manifold gaskets, new Motorcraft plugs gaped at .054, new wires, new Motorcraft coil, New Motorcraft EGR valve, new Napa Crankshaft sensor, new Napa Group 65 850 CCA battery that replaced a new group 59 590 battery that the truck came with truck. I have removed and cleaned all the grounds and have checked multi able times for vacuum leaks, swapped cylinder 1 and 2 plug wire to rule out a bad wire, changed that fuel pump driver module, cleaned the throttle body and the mass air flow sensor. I unplugged the camshaft sensor and it made no difference I have a new Napa syncro and sensor on order I didn’t want to disturb the sensor with out having the new part on hand.It seems to me that it sounds like a timing issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Keith OrtnerKeith Ortner
      Participant

Forgot to mention that I did a compression test and I have 180 psi on all cylinders.

Keith OrtnerKeith Ortner
        Participant

Update on my progress, The cylinder 2 misfire I was having was due to a bad plug I bought a new Motorcraft plug and the issue went away. just because it is new doesn’t mean it is good.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…