Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2006 Jetta 2.0t FSI- Runs rough only when A/C is turned on and the engine bucks.

2006 Jetta 2.0t FSI- Runs rough only when A/C is turned on and the engine bucks.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2006 Jetta 2.0t FSI- Runs rough only when A/C is turned on and the engine bucks.

• Creator
    Topic
    Tony ChowTony Chow
    Participant

2006 Jetta 2.0t FSI – Runs rough only when A/C is turned on and the engine bucks. If A/C is off, car runs great, no check engine lights. Checked A/C pressures and everything is good. I replaced serpentine belt and tensioner due to belt wear. Online mechanic had me run some tests on the compressor. Had me remove the belt and run car to test. With A/C enabled, had no rough running. He recommended I change the compressor. I flushed the lines and replaced the compressor, expansion valve, and the dryer. Vac the system and tested for leaks. Added refrigerant and tested system. A/C is ice cold and it seemed like it was fixed, it was late so I did not test drive. Test drove it this morning and as soon as I turned on the A/C idle was rough and engine bucked when I accelerated. I also recently replaced the plugs, coilpacks, and cleaned the throttle body. I am completely stumped. Any ideas?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…