Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2007 explorer NO HEAT AND CLICKING NOISE????

2007 explorer NO HEAT AND CLICKING NOISE????

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2007 explorer NO HEAT AND CLICKING NOISE????

• Creator
    Topic
    jhaggadonejhaggadone
    Participant

OK I DO NOT LIKE NEW CARS JUST TO MUCH ELECTRICAL IN THEM BUT BESIDES THAT MY WIFE HAS A 2007 EXPLORER 2WD 4.0 V6 AND ITS NOT BLOWING ANY HEAT REPLACED BAD THERMOSTAT BOUT A MONTH OR SO AGO COOLANT LEVEL IS SITTING AT FULL COLD WHEN I CHECKED IT COLD BLOWER WORKS SPEED WORKS BUT THERE IS A CLICKING NOISE COMING FROM BEHIND THE RADIO/ HEATER CONTROLS AND NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AS OF YET THINKING HEATER CORE BUT CLICKING IS MAKING ME WONDER BUT TRUTHFULLY I WOULDNT KNOW WHERE TO START WITH THIS TRUCK NEVER HAVE HAD A PROBLEM LIKE THIS BEFORE SO PLEASE HELP ME OUT PEOPLE THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      SarahCrazinessSarahCraziness
      Participant

well if there is no heat, 9 times out of 10 it’s gonna be a heater core(in my experiences). as for the clicking noise i’m not entirely sure, if you could elaborate a bit more, either me or someone else can help ya out ^^

jhaggadonejhaggadone
        Participant

well the clicking noise is just a constant click click click click click click click click doesnt stop

dreamer2355dreamer2355
          Participant

I would be looking at possible issues with your blend doors.

To check the heater core for flow, you can feel the heater core hoses once the vehicle is at operating temperature. Both hoses should be warm. If one is cold, you may have air in the system or a blocked heater core.

I would chase down the clicking first as it sounds like its a solenoid trying to operate possibly. You may also have some debris that fell through the vents causing a blend door to stick.

Here is a video on making sure the cooling system is bled correctly as this can cause a no heat or poor heat condition –

http://www.youtube.com/user/EricTheCarG … UpXgAJ1gjU

Also, please don’t you caps when posting as to some people, it looks like your shouting and not alot of people will answer posts that are all caps. C8-)

college mancollege man

If you just opened the system to replace the thermostat than I would suggest you are air bound and need to burp the system. as for the clicking it sounds
              as if you have something stuck in the blower wheel.turn the blower off completely and see if the noise stops.if it does than you will need to locate your
              blower and remove the debris. good luck and keep us posted

RickRick
              Participant

It is almost certainly the blend door or its actuator. A friend of mine was quoted $600 to fix this because of labor to disassemble the dash. It can be done in about 45 minutes if you throw away the manual though.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                Keymaster

It may be a mode door as has been suggested but just to be sure the issue is in the HVAC and related to airflow you might just check to see if the heater core hoses going into the firewall are both warm when the engine is warmed up, if one is warm and the other cool or cold this would indicate a problem with flow through the heater core but if both hoses are warm or hot then the problem is likely to be related to airflow through the HVAC and possibly related to a blend door or mode door not working properly, as stated the ‘click’ noise you hear could be this door trying to operate and it’s not able to but I don’t know that for sure.

jacobnbr1jacobnbr1
                  Participant

Those things are common failures of the blend door breaking and the click noise is the actuator turning inside the broken part. ford will want you to buy an HVAC box to get just the door but a place on ebay sells a door kit for twenty bucks or so.

jhaggadonejhaggadone
                    Participant

ok i think i found a easy fix not quite sure though check out this link and tell me what you guys think this is just the tech page that describes my problem well if u go back to the home page you can get reveiws and videos

http://www.heatertreater.net/Ford%20Exp … 0Data.html

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                      Participant

That’s an interesting article.

You would need to take a look at your own vehicle and see if that is your issue.

Let us know how it goes.

RickRick
                        Participant

Before buying the heater treater kit, definitely check if your problem is the blend door vs the actuator itself (or any of the other stuff mentioned above). I did this three years ago and don’t remember very well, but I was able to remove the actuator by taking off the knee bolster (below the steering column and the center control panel cover and using a 1/4 flex drive with a small socket to access the hard-to-reach screw. I tested the actuator by keeping it plugged in and putting some pressure on the output while operating it. You can also carefully disassemble it and see the stripped plastic gears inside. You can then manually turn the blend door and see if it operates or not. The actuator itself can be purchased separately from the dealer (I’ve heard there’s and aftermarket part too.)

jhaggadonejhaggadone
                          Participant

Quoted From Rick:

Before buying the heater treater kit, definitely check if your problem is the blend door vs the actuator itself (or any of the other stuff mentioned above). I did this three years ago and don’t remember very well, but I was able to remove the actuator by taking off the knee bolster (below the steering column and the center control panel cover and using a 1/4 flex drive with a small socket to access the hard-to-reach screw. I tested the actuator by keeping it plugged in and putting some pressure on the output while operating it. You can also carefully disassemble it and see the stripped plastic gears inside. You can then manually turn the blend door and see if it operates or not. The actuator itself can be purchased separately from the dealer (I’ve heard there’s and aftermarket part too.)

thanks rick thats my plan of attack imma jump on it tomm my poor wife has been taking it back and fourth to work in this cold but she has tomm off so im hoping just bad gears and not entire flap which alot of post ive found is people bitching about the gears no real fixes lol but thanks for everyones post and yes dreamer i will post updates tomm

twiggytwiggy
                            Participant

That’s quite a generous glob of grease. Probably its conductive grease to prevent static buildup to cause electronics failure. I know from experience that untreated plastic gears cause hall sensors to fail.

RickRick
                              Participant

Yup, looks like you have a new wieght to stop all your money from blowing away!

jhaggadonejhaggadone
                                Participant

ok so here is what was wrong the blend door actuator gear wheel broke teeth off and the clicking was it trying to open for the heat but kept skipping pretty easy to access three little screws hold it in i put an allen wrench into the flap hole and flap still functions so i opened it and wedged a foam piece in there to hold it open until i get the replacement actuator shipped in but easy fix all in all so thanks for all the support

jhaggadonejhaggadone
                                  Participant

here is the best priced replacment for my 2007 xlt 4.0 manual controls

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RNB-6 … bmodel|XLT

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…