Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2007 Honda Odyssey door beeps 3 times and can’t close with exterior handle

2007 Honda Odyssey door beeps 3 times and can’t close with exterior handle

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2007 Honda Odyssey door beeps 3 times and can’t close with exterior handle

• Creator
    Topic
    EthanEthan
    Participant

Hello,

Today I replaced the left drivers side sliding door roller on my 2007 Honda Odyssey. I watched all the DIY videos on Youtube, etc… to get an idea of what needed to be done. The replacement was straightforward and simple.

Before removing the roller I marked where the old mount was located on the door per the photo below. Showing the new roller/mount in the original location.

After putting everything back together I then closed the door all the way and opened the door. It slid back like normal, however, I noticed it would beep three times when it got back to where I’m used to seeing it stop. Normally it clicks when it’s done opening. I got to looking and noticed that the door is not reaching all the way to the bumpers the rollers are supposed to hit. The photo attached shows the bottom bumper.

Notice the gap between the roller and bumper. I tried it on the right/passenger side and the door would slide back and hit this bumper.

What did I do wrong? I’m not really seeing anything since I mounted the new roller back to where it was all along. Do I need to reset my doors somehow? Can I adjust the bumpers?

I’d appreciate your help.

p.s. I can close the door just fine using the driver door control, or the interior handle. It will not close with the exterior handle being pulled. It just wants to open even though it already is.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

see if this helps.

Ryan BRyan B
        Participant

I am not sure if you figured out the problem. The solution is the spring on the bottom latch has broken or came loose. Whats happening is the latch is not being pulled back by the spring and it is hitting the post it normally latches to. Also the latch that prevents the door from closing on a hill. Where it has the no step sign on the bottom of the sliding door look up underneath that and you will see it. Simple fix, stay dirty as ETCG would say!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Ryan BRyan B.
        Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…