Menu

2007 Mazda 3 2.3L Electrical Issue

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2007 Mazda 3 2.3L Electrical Issue

• Creator
    Topic
    Mitchell TrickettMitchell Trickett
    Participant

My battery went dead because I forgot to close the trunk so the dome light stayed on. I boosted my car with no issues and went for a drive. During my drive (about an hour in) the power steering light came on and I lost power steering. Then a few minutes later, the ABS light came on, then the handbrake light, then the airbag light, then the radio cut out. Finally, all the lights (interior and exterior) began flashing very quickly. I pulled over and shut he car off. It would not restart on its own or with a boost. The car lights up as usual when in “run”, but it turns over very slowly and does not start. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? The battery seems to be fine, but wouldn’t having a boost eliminate any issues with the battery? Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Lucas DesjardinsLucas
      Participant

Hi, Check the fuses in the under hood fuse box not sure why it would blow the fuses but check the fuses. Next check the passenger side fuse panel tucked up under the glove box you will have to do some digging as to what fuse it is for the radio I forget. Next have you’re battery & alternator load tested to be sure something is not shorted out in the battery or alternator. When I got my car the first day I had it the horn, radio, and throttle stopped working. opened the fuse box up to find multiple broken wires in the fuse box why it happened all of a sudden I’m unsure. if all the fuses check ok get a test light and check each socket for power. if you have no power going into one socket assume its a wiring issue and take the fuse box apart carefully, the fuse box does not come completely apart and is kind of a pain in the rear to fix wires in but it can be done. Let me know if this helps!

Mitchell TrickettMitchell Trickett
        Participant

I replaced my alternator and the car was working perfectly for a couple of days, but now it won’t start again. The engine does not even turn over. I tried boosting it and there’s no difference. The battery may be the issue as it is the original.

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
          Participant

A stock battery going for 13 years,,,, I’d say you got your monies worth out of it.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…