Menu

2007 Tahoe bouncing

• Creator
    Topic
    tai blalocktai blalock
    Participant

When you get it to about 60 mph or so it starts shaking so bad it feels like it’s bouncing. It feels the way I can imagine a oval shaped tire would feel.
      Any ideas? Any help is appreciated.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      exceptionalchrisexceptionalchris
      Participant

Simple fix you need to get those tires balanced.

DarrenDarren
        Participant

I agree with Chris, get your tires balanced. However, being as it is a truck, if you have done any kind of off roading or anything, check to make sure that you don’t have mud or anything caked up on the inside of your wheels. I’ve seen plenty of times where that was causing the tire imbalance.

college mancollege man

try rotating your wheels to see if the issue gets better.
            also check your tire pressure.correct if needed. 😉

tai blalocktai blalock
            Participant

I didn’t think it would be an out-of-balance issue because all of the wheel weights appear to be there. There are wheel weights on the inside and outside of the wheel. It was used for off-roading but it has been cleaned up. I’ll try rotating the tires and see if the problem moves to the back. I did a shake down on the front end and everything is tight. I don’t know how tho check the struts. Can you check them while they’re on the vehicle?

college mancollege man

Just because the wheel weights are on there that does
                not mean the wheels are balanced. Hard to check struts.
                look for oil around where the shaft enters the strut. also
                when you drive the vehicle step on the brakes and see if the
                vehicles front end nose dives or the vehicle bounces alot
                over uneven road.

Participant

[quote=”college man” post=62963]Just because the wheel weights are on there that does
                  not mean the wheels are balanced. Hard to check struts.
                  look for oil around where the shaft enters the strut. also
                  when you drive the vehicle step on the brakes and see if the
                  vehicles front end nose dives or the vehicle bounces alot
                  over uneven road.[/quote]

+1. you took the car off road? you should have said that. Look for broken/bent rim. Lump in tires. Inspect all suspension components.

tai blalocktai blalock
                  Participant

I didn’t take it off road. We just bought it from South Point Chevrolet. I reputable, big name dealer here. They told us it needed tires. They are worn, evenly, but worn. Because of the dealer it was purchased at I figured some of that would have been checked and replaced if it needed it that bad. Guess I thought wrong. Hopefully it is just tires then.

Participant

I don’t normally see to many broken suspension components fail with Tahoes, But if that car was use for off roading that changes everything. Did this car come will that a warranty? 95% of the time what you described it a tire out of balance.

tai blalocktai blalock
                      Participant

The way the described it to me was that the people that owned it before lived on a rough dirt road and they drove the s*** out of it on that road. So I don’t think it was really used for off roading but probably not much difference. It had no warranty it was As-Is unfortunately.

BillBill
                        Participant

If you go back to them and ask nicely they might balance them for you. If it’s better at least you will know you need new tires to make it smoothe. I would think that it should at least improve.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Loading…