Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2008 Lancer GTS Stock Radio Parasitic Drain

2008 Lancer GTS Stock Radio Parasitic Drain

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Car Audio 2008 Lancer GTS Stock Radio Parasitic Drain

• Creator
    Topic
    Mr . MorrisonMr. Morrison
    Participant

Seeing as though my issue is with my car’s radio, i thought this the best place to post my question(s). To cut a long story short, i had a parasitic drain in my car that was traced back to my car’s radio. Now that i know what caused my battery to die, i would like to get a new car radio. But, before i move ahead, i would like to know how i would know if it was the circuit that caused the issue or was it the radio itself? There are no other electrical issues with me car. Therefore, how would i test to see if there is a ground issue on the circuit that my radio is on? I have attached a photo of the radio model if it helps.

Your help is appreciated. Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Andrew HarrisAndrew Harris
      Participant

Any ground wires that go to the radio will be grounded all the time. If their was a power wire grounding out it would blow a fuse. I assume you want to know how to prove that it is the radio itself and not a wiring issue. Electronic Module failure is a hard thing to prove. You basically have to gather enough evidence that points to that module and make an educated diagnosis.

Mr . MorrisonMr. Morrison
        Participant

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, i just want to know if it really is the radio and nothing in the circuit. I can get a new head unit from the scrap yard for $100; but if it is something in the circuit, it won’t matter. Though, i suppose that may be the only way to answer my question. No fuse has blown. Before the battery got killed, the sound from the radio was acting up.

Andrew HarrisAndrew Harris
          Participant

If you Isolated the radio from the battery and your drain went away then most likely a radio malfunction. Does this radio have navigation or something? for 100 dollars you can go get a decent brand new aftermarket radio vs a used radio out of a junk yard that may or may not work.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…