Menu

2008 Mustang GT

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge What Are You Working On? 2008 Mustang GT

• Creator
    Topic
    markagmarkag
    Participant

This is the “What are you working on?” section, so I thought I would post about my daily driver 2008 Mustang GT that is also dream car and will be my hobby 🙂

I bought this car back at the beginning of January, so I’ve only owned it for 2 months now. It is a black Mustang GT, V8 engine, manual transmission, base level interior. I bought it with 30K miles.

What I’ve done so far:
      -Installed 14″ shorty antenna
      -Swap out base level steering wheel for premium level steering wheel (leather wrapped with aluminum spokes)
      -Installed sequential tail lights
      -Install J&M lower control arms for the rear axle to help get rid of wheel hop

Plan for this year:
      -Install 10″ matte black stripes this summer (Yes, I’m going to install the stripes myself)
      -Cold air intake and PCM tune (Should get me about 20 RWHP and greater throttle response)
      -Mount snow tires on the stock rims for the winter (she is still a daily driver)

Plan for next year and beyond:
      -Get new wheels and summer performance tires, stock wheels would become dedicated winter wheels with snow tires on them
      -Install Borla Stinger axleback exhaust
      -Install MGW short throw shifter
      -Finish upgrading interior to premium level
      -Install OEM leather seats
      -Install Metco adjustable upper control arm for rear axle
      -Upgrade suspension using GT500 shocks and Steeda Ultralight springs with aftermarket sway bars (lower and tuned for street/handling application)
      -Califonia Special front fascia
      -Cervini’s C-Series hood

That basically completes my short term plans for the car. Farther down the road once it is no longer a daily driver, I have some more extreme plans for the car.

Long term plans:
      -Department of Boost Supercharger kit (install a GT500 supercharger on a 4.6L 3V engine) Will give 450 RWHP / 450 Ft-lb Tq
      -Forged rotating assembly to support more horsepower

Like I said above, this is my dream car. I’ve wanted a Mustang since I was in kindergarden. My plan is to keep this car forever and turn it into a project car after it is no longer a daily driver. I’ve had the car for 2 months so far, and I’ve already done a couple small things to it. I have a passion for Mustangs, and couldn’t be happier with my new ride.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      outdoorsman310outdoorsman310
      Participant

sweet! make sure the new wheels are the same size as the old ones or the spedometer and gearing will be wrong

markagmarkag
        Participant

I’m not sure if they will be the same or not, I know if they are different I’ll need to have the computer adjusted for them. I will be able to use a handheld tuner to change it, but I don’t know if I’ll have a tuner at the time of the wheel swap or not. I haven’t settled on a tire size yet, but I know I’ll be going with 18″x9″ wheels (current wheels are 17″). I’m thinking 255/45-18 tires would be best for the new wheels. These are what I’m leaning toward: http://www.americanmuscle.com/machinedamr-18×9-0512-nitto-stan.html

Also, I forgot to put 3.73 rear end gears on the list. My car has 3.31 stock from Ford, which is good for highway gas mileage, but isn’t so great for acceleration. I would like to do that sometime in the next couple of years. That is one install that I may let someone else do. There is a lot to do to get a the correct contact pattern, rolling torque, and shim settings on a rear end gear swap. I don’t want noisy gears.

Tinted windows would be nice too 🙂

dreamer2355dreamer2355
          Participant

Welcome to the forums!

You should post pictures of your Mustang. I am a huge Mustang fan but all my experience is from Foxbodies C8-)

markagmarkag
            Participant

I’m not quite sure yet how to get pictures up on this site. I have some pictures on Flickr from when I got the car. http://www.flickr.com/photos/markag6/

EDIT: It looks like I figured out how to upload pics

This is after I installed the premium level steering wheel

Trcustoms719Trcustoms719
              Participant

Very nice car!V-)

OnThe7ThDayFordOnThe7ThDayFord
                Participant

I hate you.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…