Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2009 Accord EX-L V6 2100 RPM at 60MPH

2009 Accord EX-L V6 2100 RPM at 60MPH

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2009 Accord EX-L V6 2100 RPM at 60MPH

• Creator
    Topic
    Theo theokentTheo
    Participant

Greetings:
      Bought this Accord used about a year ago, about 130,000 miles. Automatic transmission, runs really good generally. I’ve had several Honda vehicles so I’m familiar with them.
      The thing is that it runs at about 2100 RPM at a steady 60 MPH. I think those RPM’s are a bit fast. Anyone have any input on this? What should it be?
      Thank You!!!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dogger DaveDave
      Participant

I have a 2009 4cyl model and it runs about 2000rpm at 60mph. It almost sounds like the O/D is not engaging.

Steven WilliamsSteven Williams
        Participant

If you haven’t used an anti-vcm tool to disable the variable cylinder management, these rpms are normal.

If vcm is active, some of the cylinders are disabled during cruising speeds to save tiny amounts of fuel.

VCM is a horrible system that causes more problems than it solves, it’s caused oil burning and misfires and more. I believe it always shuts down the same several designated cylinders when it’s active, so that tells me the cylinders are getting uneven wear.

Many V6 owners disable the VCM module.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…