Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2011 Altima 2.5 SL rattle/chatter noise at idle

2011 Altima 2.5 SL rattle/chatter noise at idle

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2011 Altima 2.5 SL rattle/chatter noise at idle

• Creator
    Topic
    Daniel DominBlazerguy1983
    Participant

Hello,

I have a 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL with about 35k on it. I am getting a very slight rattle/chatter noise from the front half of the car at idle in any gear. When I start to accelerate the noise goes away. Also when the engine is cold and the idle is still high the noise cannot be heard. It doesn’t sound like anything major, only a car person like myself would probably even notice the noise. The noise stays the same with or without the AC on. It almost sounds like the serpentine belt tensioner is bottoming out but, Nissan looked at it and said I am just hearing injector pulse. I know what injector pulse is and sounds like and this noise is more like a moving part rattle. I was thinking heat shield of some kind but this has a heavier sound. Has anyone run into this on the Altima 2.5? CVT noise? Car runs great and like I mentioned before, the average person wouldn’t even pay attention to this noise.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

I was going to suggest the heat shield. see if this helps.

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/diagnosing-noises-in-your-car

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

Nissans are famous for heat shield rattles, you might want to look into that. Especially around the flex joint. It could also be an issue with the timing chain but I would remove the drive belts first to make that determination. In fact, that’s covered in the article posted above.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…