Menu

2012 Nissan Altima SlippingClutch

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2012 Nissan Altima SlippingClutch

• Creator
    Topic
    JeffJeff
    Participant

So after watching your video on YouTube I finally after much searching find out I have a slipping cluth. I just had a brand new clutch put in a month ago too. Now my question is can I adjust something or do I need to take it in, which I can’t afford to do. Last night I was able to adjust the pedal and it worked like normal till tonight when I got on the freeway and hit 60, then I started to loose power. Hope you can help.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

There are a number of things that can cause clutch slippage. However, since you just had a new clutch put in, can you take it back to the shop that did the work. A properly installed new clutch should not slip.

What engine does the car have?

JeffJeff
        Participant

Issue is we got the clutch and had it intalled while we were in Las Vegas visiting my girl mother. We live in Arizona. It’s not grinding or making any funny noises. But it takes the vehicle 12 seconds to go from a dead stop to 15 mph. And that’s flooring it. Also we can put t in gear and pretty much stop and go while in gear with out using the clutch. Engine is a 2.5 S, I-4
          Could it just be the slave? Master looks I’m great condition and I havent seen any leaks.

Dave TidmanDave Tidman
          Participant

It could be the slave, but I think that is a low probability. If a slave does not work, it likely has to come apart again to see what is up.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…