– 2015 Ford Explorer Sport
– 3.5 L V6
– 6-speed automatic
– 83k miles
– Low speed (<25 mph) grinding/rattling sound when I let off the throttle (pretty sure it’s coming from the driver side front, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on that).
– Noise always happens in neutral, but only in drive when I’m not accelerating.
– Noise happens whether I’m braking or not.
– No clicking on turns.
– Intermittent jerking in reverse. At its worst, vehicle locks up and will not move when in reverse (can’t tell what exactly is locking up, but it’s sudden and hard, not slow and gradual).
– Shifting is fine going up, but a bit rough going from 2 to 1 and P to R.
What I hope you’ll say:
“You’re good man. Those front CV joints and bearings you’re replacing next weekend will solve the problem.”
What I’m afraid you’ll say:
“Dude, you’re screwed! You need to replace/rebuild your transmission/transfer case. Too bad you have no idea how to do that.”
Either way, I’m grateful for any responses.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.