Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4wd with 6 inch Rough Country lift kit

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4wd with 6 inch Rough Country lift kit

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4wd with 6 inch Rough Country lift kit

• Creator
    Topic
    Steven PayanSteven Payan
    Participant

I’ve recently purchased this truck with 90 miles on it with the lift kit already installed. After putting a few hundred miles on it I noticed a high pitch chirping sound occurring Whenever I go over any bumps in the road, big or small. The noise only occurs when my back end goes over the bumps specifically the rear passenger side (I think). I can’t hear anything outside the vehicle only when I’m inside, driving around. The noise occurs more when it’s cold outside and less when it’s hot, and when Im turning I don’t hear it. It sounds like it’s right under my feet or in the lower dash which is confusing since the rear end is the cause of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

You can get under the vehicle and have another person bounce the rear end and see if you can reproduce the noise.
        You could also attach a camera to the frame and point it at the suspected area to try to pinpoint the area.

Steven PayanSteven Payan
        Participant

Thank you for your response.

Is there anything you can think of as to why it occurs more when its cold and less or not at all when it is a warmer temperture outside ?

Im going to take it to a local shop and have them take a look at all the components of the lift kit and have them make sure everything is tightened to spec and properly lubricated.

If there is anything else you would recommend i get checked or done while im there please advise.

Thank you

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
          Participant

It could be any number of things, but with out seeing the vehicle they would be guesses.
            Ensure that your front end is in alignment also that the pinon angles are correct to prevent excessive U joint wear and possible damage to the rear differential.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…