Menu

3.5 Liter EcoBoost Issues

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Common Problems/Pattern Failures 3.5 Liter EcoBoost Issues

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    BillBill
    Participant

Yeah, I subscribe to his you-tube channel and he is very good. If I owned an automotive business he is the kind of tech I would want working for me.

It looks like Ford has a little more work to do on the Eco Boost to get it right.

John HugonJohn Hugon
      Participant

I always wondered how he could make time(flat rate) and video all he has done, why Ford let him do those videos and put them on You tube ,go home and edit all the videos and do all the other things he does. I got worn out just looking at what I had to do on a Ford…

Seriously, he is a very good Technician. I had a few issues tech assist (Ford Oasis) couldn’t help me with; I emailed him and he answered back and helped me.

It looks like Ford has a little more work to do on the Eco Boost to get it right.

How would you like to buy a 35000K PU and as soon as it got out of warranty and had that issue and to resolve it you have to put new heads on it. We were talking about that when that engine first came out a few years back when Ford didn’t have a fix then.

BillBill
        Participant

Yeah, JTF, I wonder bout the same things as you but as long as he keeps posting video’s I don’t care if he walks on his hands and works with his toes.

I don’t think his vids are as good as they used to be so maybe it’s gettin hard for him to keep up.

I like the video about only getting 40,000mi outta a set of Iridium plugs and see the carbon tracks down the porcelain. You would think Ford woulda learned from others who used turbo charged engines.

Same with direct injection. VW and BMW had intake valve carbon problem with theirs years ago. I guess Ford will have to come out with a TSB and the equipment to blast the carbon off of the intake valves with crushed walnut shells just like they had to do with the first injected Ford Tempos.

“CARS”…I’m beginning to hate them more every day.

dandan

wow… that’s all I have to say.

Matthew RossMatthew Ross
            Participant

I also subscribe to that Ford tech. He is very detailed and he tends to teach the factory methods for repairs. I don’t own a Ford, but I’m a car repair junkie. Those EcoBoost engines are destined for pre-mature failure, and I’m just happy I don’t own one.

BillBill
              Participant

Yeah, matthewross1987,it seems like timing chains are stretching and making noise in higher mileage 3.5s

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…