Menu

6.9 ford diesel

• Creator
    Topic
    clay rutledgeclay rutledge
    Participant

ok a buddy had his ford towed to the shop…. seems he broke a glow plug and thought that he could drill an easyout it… well that did not go to well.. the drilling worked as it should but he never thought what was going to happin…. well now we got a cylender full of glowplug… opps..
      here is the problem he started tearing it down got the injector pump off and gave up had it towed in.. well i do not know a lot about diesel engines but i do know the injector pump has to be timed… He marked nothing and i dont know how to do it..i have no clue how to do this and was wondering if anyone on here does… I found a mark on the gear.. do i get #1 up and drop it in and hope for the best… or what do i do???

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

see if any of these help.

Participant

well put it together best i could… but lined the gears up on tdc on #1 but think i got it 180 degree out… it runs but poorly… guess i get to try again

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

This guy might also be able to help.

http://www.youtube.com/user/powerstrokehelp

Keep us posted.

Participant

well i lined it up on TDC and dropped the injector pump in and it ran but poorley… so i took the pump up rotated the crank 360 degrees and wala she ran much better.. So i am now replacing dry rotted fuel lines and a few odd and ends and calling the customer today.This rollback is back to making money.. and us being a new shop we gonna cut him a deal on labor for some towing work….

i do not recommend trying this at home.. and told the guy when you pull the pump … ALWAYS mark it remove the two bolts on the front of the pump. and take white out ,a sharpie ,anything and mark the pump as long as the engine does not get rotated you should be good

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
              Keymaster

Thanks very much for the update and for using the ETCG forum. Great info!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…