Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 6th gen. Accord auto.transmission failure (4 cyl.)

6th gen. Accord auto.transmission failure (4 cyl.)

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Automotive Discussion 6th gen. Accord auto.transmission failure (4 cyl.)

• Creator
    Topic
    NJDevils95NJDevils95
    Participant

I was wondering if any one else has had a total failure of their 4 cylinder Accord automatic transmission.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Trainguy058Trainguy058
      Participant

My

NJDevils95NJDevils95
        Participant

Thank you for the reply and sharing your story, I appreciate you taking the time. I fully agree with you, Honda should have (needs to) come forward with an official acknowledgement of the auto trans problems. You’re right about the dealer too: I was quoted $3,200 but, being the 2nd time I needed a replacemnt, and with no assistance from Honda, I decided to pass.

H&A sounds like they did good work for you. You’ll have to keep me posted on the reliability on the H&A reman. If H&A were in Texas I would use them but where I live my choices are either Cottman or Aamco. I have yet to look for a private shop. I wonder if by actually have a true filter instead of a screen to catch debris would make a difference. Probably not, I suppose. Cottman Trans. told me that it was most likely my torque converter that failed and debris clogged the valve body. I guess I will never now for certain. Also, the Cottman service writer told me that they could build a better valve body than Honda. I wasn’t quite sure what to make of that statement because I didn’t they would be the ones “building it.”

Like you, but not as far back, I have driven Hondas, too. My 1st was a ’94 Civic EX, manual and my 1st accord was a -97 DX auto which I loved, no problems with that Accord or its auto trans. All of my 4 older sisters own Hondas, too, one of whom is on her 2nd Odyssey. The 1st started to have trans. problems but it was totaled before any major problems happened. Two of are on their 2nd Hondas. We love our Hondas! I am hoping the ’13 Accord will be a design masterpiece. I am anxiously awaiting it unveiling. I wonder if the trans will be a CVT like the new Camry or, perhaps, a dual clutch trans.

Thank you for sharing and take care!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…