Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 88 Buick Riviera with touchscreen. remote radio :(

88 Buick Riviera with touchscreen. remote radio :(

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Car Audio 88 Buick Riviera with touchscreen. remote radio :(

• Creator
    Topic
    Kody RiggsKody Riggs
    Participant

In My 1988 Buick Riviera there is a CRT touchscreen…its cool. it controls everything from the Radio to the Climate control…it even has a built in code reader and ECM diagnostics tool! (freaking amazing)…this all came stock when the car was brand new….. i want to be able to add an auxiliary input and farther down the road add a sub and an amp..i have an aux input through the tape deck and a radio transmitter from wally worl but lets be honest, they suck… The radio head itself is separate and in the center console, hidden. the CRT displays everything it does…. I dont know if the touchscreen just displays what the radio is doing ( in which case i may just be able to buy a new radio, and hopfully the screen will control it) or if its hard wired and an after market stereo is out the question. unless i bypass the entire OEM stereo that is. does anybody have any experience with this particular setup? they’re kinda rare so info is super hard to find…

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Kody RiggsKody Riggs
      Participant

bump

Kody RiggsKody Riggs
        Participant

JasonJason
          Participant

dont have experience with your setup. buttttt i do know that they make a standalone unit that takes speaker output wires and turns them into a rca output for your amp. and as for a aux input. well i dunno if they still sell them in the real world, but i have a old sony aux input that works trough the antenna input on your radio, install it and tune to the radio frequency like with the new crappy ones, but this is not a new crappy one, by installing in the antenna line it over powers any thing else on that frequency so it never cuts out and its as clear as a usb cable from a ipod, provided you use a good line jack to rca cable. they may have something like this out there today but i have not seen it, i found it installed on our van when we bought it used, it was a conversion van with a radio in the rear as well. it was kinda cool to find but was never hooked up and used in the van, didnt know it was there until i took it out. lol

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…