Menu

90’s Honda battery Vables

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 90’s Honda battery Vables

• Creator
    Topic
    SonJa MorganSonJa
    Participant

1991 Honda Civic Wagon 4WD…guys, this car is my dream car. I wanted one of these for 20 years before I actually found one for sale. And I love it! I have a ton of issues, but right now, my biggest issue is the positive terminal of the battery cable. I have searched my manuals and I cannot figure out why or what this “contraption” does. My problem is this, new Honda battery but connectors do not fit..ie, all the way tight, but can slip on and off…third 100 month battery in four years…i have replaced negative cable and connector but the pos connector and cable are so…convoluted…I am afraid a new connector will screw something up (I know these parts are terribly scarce)…pos terminal slips off even when tighter than tight…any suggestions? Do those “plug covers” actually work? Thanks in advance.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Sam RoodmanSam Roodman
      Participant

If your terminal ends are too loose on the battery. Goto the autoparts store and in the battery section, they have these lead caps you put over the terminals. They add the extra thickness that your worn out terminals need to clamp tightly.

Battery Post Shims, Lead, 2 Pack Part # AC110/A14079

SonJa MorganSonJa
        Participant

Yes, that is what I have, thank you. I was wondering about the positive terminal in general as well…what does all of that contraption and fuses do anyway? You dont happen to know how it all works do you? I am still kinda new in this forum and navigating my way around so I am sorry if this is in another post somewhere.
          Thanks again.

Sam RoodmanSam Roodman
          Participant

Im not familiar with the 4th Gen civics persay. Typically the Positive cable runs to both the Underhood fuse panel and to the starter. I know on the 5th gen civics its that way. Usually any other leads attached to the positive terminal are owner added for stereo or other accessories.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…