Menu

92 Prelude Reverse Light always on

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 92 Prelude Reverse Light always on

• Creator
    Topic
    coicoi
    Participant

Hi eric! my 4th gen prelude project is going smooth now. Thanks for all your vids! I feel like a legit mechinic! haha! I need your expertise once again though.. My reverse light is always on as soon as I turn the ignition even at half way. I pulled out the reverse light switch from the tranny and it pushes up and down just fine and the wires look ok but can’t confirm if the switch is busted or not…. When I press the switch and depress it, the light turns on, It only turns off somewhere halfway of being pressed. and so I thought the switch is busted, then I tried to install it without the washer and it kinda fixed it. light turns on at 5th and reverse only, and so I tightened the switch and now it just occasionally light up when I kinda brushed on reverse going to 5th. When I try to go 5th smoothly with out a touch of anything from reverse, it works fine and does not light up. I know this is just a temp fix, how do I do it the right way? the manual and every forums i’ve been indicates to use a washer. but it totally worked the opposite for me with the minor 5th gear flaw every now and then. could the problem be the mechanical thingy from the reverse gear that pushes the switch? how do i fix it? what could it be if the switch is not faulty?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

By the sound of it the contacts inside the switch don’t sound like they are working correctly, I would replace the switch and recheck for the symptom.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…