Menu

94 accord ex project car

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Engine Modifications 94 accord ex project car

• Creator
    Topic
    rickrick
    Participant

ive been sitting on this car for about a month now. got it for a steal and want to make a badass NA rallycar out of it. the engine has about 227k on it, almost every bushing, grommet, and seal need replaced, and bought it with 24 inch rims on it….how they fit, i have no clue. anyways my first question would be has anyone went “all the way” with the f22b1 as far as NA? i dont want a turbo or SC on it. this will be my first jap car ive tuned so any ideas, comments, etc would be helpful. second, how much of a pain in the ass is it gonna be to swap out to a DOHC? the head im looking at is a h22a DOHC VTEC.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Brandon K.Brandon K.
      Participant

I know this thread is kinda old, but no one responded yet.

Why not get a H22 and trans? The Transmission on the H has closer gearing than the F. Which would be a better choice for what your planning. The H22A has around 200hp and makes about 20 lb-ft of torque over the F22b1. I’d start with the better engine with more aftermarket support. The H22 was the stock engine in the 5th gen Japanese and European Accord SiR as well so it’s a natural choice as a swap will be much easier.

jarrodjarrod
        Participant

Don’t waste time with the f22b, just go straight h22a swap, as said previously, better gearing and a better base to start with, even just bolts, and a tune will yield good results, maybe change flywheel to a lighter unit, a heavy duty clutch and since you say it will be a rally car, consider a shorter final drive and lsd if your box doesn’t come with one (some h series boxes do, some don’t).

If money permits try to source the jdm type s h22, comes with higher compression and more aggressive cam, couple that with a cai, 70mm t/b, a good header and a 3″ exhaust with hondata s300 and you will be laughing!

rickrick
          Participant

that all sounds dandy (yes i said dandy). im really intrigued with this G22/23 mod ive been researching. all the benefits of both engines in one. from what ive gathered, the f22 is an awesome block to boost. iron cylinder sleeves, rock solid crank. h22 has a good baseline, easy to tune, easy to maintain. even the h22 in my friends lude knocks me out when i stomp the gas, and its just a 2.2 no vtec. so to have the benefits of good compression, reliable innards, and a non interference engine. wow. i mean i get what you guys are saying. i really do. but i want this car to be really something. unique, sophisticated, and one of a kind. and have something no one else does. and when i say rally, i mean rally. articulated steering, all wheel drive, pikes peak eating monster. 👿 alot of people say it cant be done. alot of people say its a waste of money. i understand this. money is not an object in this though.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…