Menu

94 accord sounds like a bird.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 94 accord sounds like a bird.

• Creator
    Topic
    rickrick
    Participant

94 accord ex 292k miles.
      recently here my car sounds like a bird. heres the breakdown

only does it after warmup and in drive.

ill accelerate and the second i get up to speed and level my foot out or decelerate it makes this god awful squeel/squeak and goes away. it seriously sounds like a bird call. almost like a blow-off valve sounds. my car has a short ram intake on it, that’s about all on it for now. and its getting worse and squeeling longer. it lasts about 3 seconds and goes away. it only does it in gear. ive never heard a car make this sound before.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MathieuMathieu
      Participant

It’s the transmission inside Bering seal if you have an automatic transmission. Do you have some difficulty to brake ? If you brake pedal seem too lose, this kind of noise can be the brake vacuum valve that intake air.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

Just out of curiosity, do you have a cold air intake on the engine?

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/diagnosing-noises-in-your-car

rickrick
          Participant

I have a short ram intake. it sits over by the battery where the stock box used to be.

*UPDATE*

upon farther looking into the bird call. it didn’t do it today, just a bearing groan. i lifted to hood on it today after running my errands and the cooling fan kicked on…..well… sorta. more like limped on and made the sound i was hearing all this time. so, my guess is that the bearing on the fan is gone, doesn’t make a sound when i accelerate because its pushed back in its normal position and when i decelerate it makes it pop out, making the noise! the high pitched squeal is that my air filter is dirty. thank you for the ideas. you guys make troubleshooting a lot easier.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
            Keymaster

I’ve run into that a time or 2 myself. Replace the fan and it should be fine. Keep us posted.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…