Menu

95 audi issue

• Creator
    Topic
    Jeremy ParkerJeremy Parker
    Participant

Hey Eric, question for you, but it is rather specific. my 95 Audi 90 had issues starting. the issue not the battery or starter because as they are both brand new. the vehicle would start to crank, turn once very slowly, get seemingly stuck for a few seconds, then continue to crank and start. I recently had the vehicle snap a timing belt and i was told this could be due to a warped crank. thoughts? opinion?

i can provide pictures of the belt and or engine.
      however i cannot provide video of the starting issue as the car currently needs to have the timing belt installed and all that happiness

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MikeMike
      Participant

I’m a bit confused.

How is it we’re talking about a cranking issue on an engine that’s disassembled for a timing belt replacement?

Participant

the engine is not yet disassembled and it was experiencing the cranking issue for the entire time i owned it (roughly six months) and when the timing belt snapped, i was told it could have been due to a warped crank

MikeMike
          Participant

The cranking issue sounds like a flakey electrical connection at the battery or the starter. However, seeing as how you’ve lunched a timing belt, your cranking issue is the least of your concerns.

If the guy who is blaming your mechanical woes on a bent crankshaft is the same guy who replced your battery and starter, I’d check those electrical connections, and I wouldn’t have him involved with the timing belt repair.

Participant

im not sure who did the starter replacement, but i put in the new battery, and it never failed to start. just had that slow start issue.

and i already plan on rebuilding the head. im just wondering if i need a new crank as well

JamieJamie
              Participant

What engine is in it? They came with a couple options.

Participant

i have the 2.8 AAH

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…