Menu

95 S10 TBI (Z code)

• Creator
    Topic
    mac8mac8
    Participant

Well here it goes… I have

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

The best suggestion I can offer is to start with diagnosis and try and figure out what is missing at the time the problem occurs. The entire time I was reading your post I was asking what the fuel pressure was, I think that might be a good place to start as it’s something that hasn’t been checked yet. Good fuel pressure test kits have adapter sets for a variety of set ups so that you can get a reading, they also sometimes come with instructions on where to hook up on your particular vehicle. You may be able to rent one from an auto parts store or something, the kit that I have is from OTC and it works great.

Trcustoms719Trcustoms719
        Participant

Yup, most autoparts stores will have one for you to rent.
          You will need the special GM TBI adaptors for that, so make sure the kit you rent/buy has them.

mac8mac8
          Participant

Maybe you didn’t understand what I was saying, There is NO place to connect a shrader type pressure tester, or any other for that matter. This thing is hard piped from the fuel filter (on the side of the frame under the drivers seat) to the throttle body. I had a hell of a time reinstalling the fitting to the throttle body when I replaced the gasket. GM in their infinite wisdom left NO slack to work with. Best I’m gonna do is install a piece of fuel line I cut off a junker that has the shrader fitting on it. Even this will be a chore due to the lack of slack in the line. I’m gonna try this the next decent day we have (upstate NY) and see if I can get a reading. Do you guys know what the static and cranking pressure should be? Thanx for your reply…..

dreamer2355dreamer2355
            Participant

You will need the kit as Trcustoms719 stated. I believe places like Autozone has a kit for rent that includes most domestic adapters.

There is also a free Chilton’s online you can use courtesy of another forum member in the ‘How To’ section that may be useful for you.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
              Keymaster

+1 on there being adapters for your set up, I don’t think you need to go through the trouble of putting in a different line to take a pressure reading.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…