Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 96 Honda Accord Cylinder position intermittent interuption

96 Honda Accord Cylinder position intermittent interuption

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 96 Honda Accord Cylinder position intermittent interuption

• Creator
    Topic
    Christopher MoneyChristopher Money
    Participant

I’m so stumped with this car. It’s a 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 2.2L w/vtec. The CEL started coming on and I got a code for “cylinder position sensor intermittent interruption” I changed the plugs/wires and the distributor. I’m not really sure what else to do. The car runs fine, every now and then it’ll have a rough start but it adjusts and runs fine. I just don’t know what else to change or check. Sorry if I posted wrong or this has been covered I’ve never used forums I know you have your rules and I apologize if I broke one. Thanks for any help it’s greatly appreciated.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

I would check the crank sensor wiring. You will need to remove the crank pulley and lower timing cover to do this. Given that you’re going that far you might consider just replacing the timing belt and water pump. I’ve seen the sensor wiring damaged during a timing belt replacement causing similar issues.

I’ve also seen loose timing belts caused a similar issue.

Good hunting and please keep us posted.

Christopher MoneyChristopher Money
        Participant

Thank you so much Eric for the reply. I’m going to order the parts. It’s not my daily so it’s been sitting. When I do drive it now it takes a few key turns to start, It just stalls out. It’s starting to randomly sputter also when i cruise mainly when i let off the gas. It has about 70-80K miles on the belt. I’ll let you know how it all turns out. I just purchased your VManual on how to do it. I’ll let you know how it turns out. Thank you so much for responding and all of your help! I really appreciate it!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…