Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 97 chevy pickup with 4.3 vortex eng. 2wd

97 chevy pickup with 4.3 vortex eng. 2wd

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 97 chevy pickup with 4.3 vortex eng. 2wd

• Creator
    Topic
    johnjohn
    Participant

my eng. will start but will not stay running if it does run and you try to accellerate it boogs out.I have replaced the fuel pump ,fuel filter,fuel line to inj. coupling,spider assy. tps,map sensors. stiil no change I have only an 02 sensor code. it doesn’t run long enough to get any more codes. PLZ I NEED HELP THX MUCH JOHN

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      ronron
      Participant

it don’t need to run to get codes. it could be a couple things sounds like a sensor though i would put a good scanner on it

college mancollege man

Post the code that you got.

exceptionalchrisexceptionalchris
          Participant

when you replaced the fuel pump did you see any “contaminants”. Seems like you have fuel deliver. Have you checked for fuel pressure? Next I would stat checking for spark.

jayjay
            Participant

I have had a few of these come through the shop with egr valves that were coked up/stuck open and caused the problem you have and they didnt throw any codes.
              Cleaned the egr and on the bad ones we replaced and they ran fine.
              good luck.

BrianBrian
              Participant

This may sound elementary but the first thing I would do is not think the O2 sensor code is even related 100% to the main issue possibly.
                Don’t forget to check for “Any” Vacuum leaks as well as fuel/”Spark” delivery problems elsewhere (Timing???).
                Good luck.

johnjohn
                Participant

I have changed the EGR VALVE REPLACED THE MAIN FUEL LINE,DID A COMP. CK. ALL CYLS. READ 150 PSI AND I LET IT HOLD FOR OVER A MIN. AND NO DROP.THERE IS A NEW TPS.MAP .FUEL SPIDER ASSY. STILL BOGGS .I CAN GET IT TO STAY RUNNING AT IDLE AFTER CONT. STARTING FOR ABOUT 10 TIMES . BUT EVEN AFTER LEFT RUNNING FOR A WHILE IT WILL BOOGS AND STALLS THX FOR ANY AND ALL HEEEELLLLLPPPPP. HELP

exceptionalchrisexceptionalchris
                  Participant

RELAX, so no DTC codes? non in the history as well? Have you check what as already suggested? that being vacuum leaks, spark and timing? does the engine seem like its missing? My question about contaminants?. (Do you think some one put sugar in you tank on that car has is no lock for the gas cap). your last comments was basically your first. We need more info. Like what was already said it could be a lot of things.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…