Menu

A/C Problems?

• Creator
    Topic
    Brian MericaBrian
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I got my car back from the shop after having a water pump installed. So naturally since the cooling system was opened up I decided to check my coolant level once I got to work. I opened the hood and to my surprise one of my a/c lines were all frosted over.

Around this time last year I took the car in to have A/C work done as my compressor just stopped turning on. It was blowing very cold then I turned it off one day, rolled down the windows and a few minutes later rolled them up and turned the A/C back on to find it would not kick on and blow cold at all.

After the shop looked it over they found a faulty part somewhere under my dash that needed to be replaced (the name of the part escapes me, sorry) and when I got the car back, I had A/C but I noticed something different after that. After the A/C would run for a bit it’s almost as if air would stop blowing out of the vents. The only way to recover for this was to turn off the system and wait a while. Today however was the first time I ever looked under the hood while my car was experiencing this and I see the lines frozen. However I was not under the hood to investigate the A/C I was checking my coolant level and I found this nice surprise this morning. I have attached a photo. Let me know if you have trouble seeing it and I will try to get it to you by other means.

Thanks,
      Brian

Attachments:
    Viewing 16 replies (of 16 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      John HugonJohn Hugon
      Participant

TSB 09-18-11 is a PCM reflash that only covers the 2010 and 11’s I think with the same issue. I’m retired now and I don’t have access to the Ford service manual and latest TSB’s…sorry….

Viewing 16 replies (of 16 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…