Menu

A Shared Tool Is An Abused Tool?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Tool Talk A Shared Tool Is An Abused Tool?

• Creator
    Topic
    MikeMike
    Participant

“A shared tool is an abused tool” is a credo I’ve come to know over my career as a tech. I am referring to both personal tools loaned to others and shared shop tools and equipment. I don’t know why that’s the case, or if I’m wrong and just too anal about tools working perfectly and being kept clean.

Agree?

Disagree?

Discuss.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Javier Garcia JrJavier Garcia Jr
      Participant

I think that’s a general rule for life.

People just don’t care for, or appreciate things they didn’t work for. I’m generalizing obviously, but if someone lends me a tool or what-have-you I treat it as it was my own – or like gold. I wouldn’t dare lend my poor man’s husky set 😆 my bit drivers will be cracked im sure.

Ryan MarvinRyan Marvin
        Participant

I agree with you. I suppose you just give two stipulations. Bring it back in the condition I am loaning it to you and if you break it, you buy it!

RickRick
          Participant

When I hand someone a tool and they bring it back dirty, I don’t let them borrow it again.

I know when people put shit on my box, their lunch, can of brake clean, a part. I literally lose my shit.

Just two days ago I spike someone’s can of brake cleaner because they left it on my box for 45 mins.

Maybe I’m in the wrong here.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…